Two of the best cricket teams go head to head in a five-match Test series this summer and here we will bring you the latest odds, offers and cricket free bets to use as they go head to head.
England have home soil advantage, and will look to make that count but going up against one of the best Test nations in the world is never easy, and India are sure to put up a strong fight.
The series will take place across August and September, with the first test starting on August 4, and the fifth and final test ending on September 14.
Latest Betting Update – July 2021
Bookmakers are yet to price up the test series between these too, but when they do we will be on hand to bring you the latest betting odds.
These two teams both play far better at home, and are suited to that given the bowlers they have in their ranks.
For that reason, England are likely to be favourites to win the series, just like India would be favourites if this series was taking place in Asia.
England v India 2021 Test Series: Key Dates
- 1st Test – Aug 4-8
- 2nd Test – Aug 12-16
- 3rd Test – Aug 25-29
- 4th Test – Sept 2-6
- 5th Test – Sept 10-14
England v India: Players to Watch
James Anderson is perhaps the greatest bowler to ever play for England, and he is at his best when the ball is swinging in England. He will be hoping for cloudy skies during the games, something that is more likely given that this series is carrying over until September, which we don’t normally see in England.
He’s a key wicket taker, and if he is close to his best, England’s chances of winning rise dramatically. He may need to be rested during the series, as he will be 39 just before the series, but when he is on the field, expect Anderson to play a big role.
Joe Root The England captain has been accused of failing to score in the past, letting the captaincy get the better of him and his decision making. However, earlier this year, particularly in Sri Lanka, he was excellent. The Yorkshireman seemed to let himself go a little, and a top score of 228 was his biggest away Test score ever.
England need run scorers, because India will score, and Joe Root needs to lead the way and set the example as captain.
Virat Kohli is considered by many to be one of the greatest batsmen, but one thing that has eluded him so far is constant, regular big scores in England. If India are to come here and win, they will need leadership from Kohli with the bat, can he finally come to England and conquer the likes of Anderson and Stokes?
R Ashwin has a great record of taking wickets on the turning pitches in India, but he will have to do it elsewhere this summer. He’s a fantastic player, can be aggressive to take wickets or hold an end together, and given the familiarity that India have with playing spinners, he is sure to play in every game, even if it doesn’t look like a turning wicket.
England v India Free Bets
England v India Betting Markets
If you are looking to place a wager on one of the Test matches this summer then you may be wondering what type of betting market is best to use on the game. There are many options, from the simple win market to player props and plenty of bets that don’t involve you picking out the winner of the game at all.
Here are some options for those needing help.
- Win the match – This is as simple as it gets, will England win, will India win or will the game end in a draw
- Win the match 2-way – The same as the standard win market, but this is 2-way, so if the game ends in a draw, you will get your money back
- Top scorer/wicket taker – Want to bet on an individual player? This is how to do it, bet on them to be the top scorer or wicket taker on their team or in the game overall
- Best Opening Partnership – If you want to bet on the opening partnership of a game this is how to do it, ideal if you fancy a strong start or an early wicket
- Who wins the toss – Quite simply, betting on who will win the toss before the game begins
- Man of the match – Again, a way to bet on an individual, you can bet on who will be the man of the match
- First innings lead – This is how you split the game up, rather than betting on the winner, you are betting on who will have a lead after the first innings
England v India – Recent Results
- 2021 – England in India – India won 3-1
- 2018 – India in England – England won 4-1
- 2017 – England in India – India won 4-0
- 2014 – India in England – England won 3-1
The last time England won a Test series in England was back in 2007, showing just how difficult they find playing in England.