The Singha Beer Grand Slam Of Darts returns for it's eighth edition in 2014, with defending champion Phil Taylor looking to win the tournament for the sixth time. Organised by the Professional Darts Corporation, the 2014 Grand Slam of Darts also features players from the British Darts Organisation and is among one of darts' most coveted titles. 666Bet have been announced as the official betting partner of the 2014 Grand Slam of Darts.
The 2014 Grand Slam of Darts will run from 8-16 November and carries a prize fund of £400,000 making it a highly lucrative competition with £100,000 going to the champion and the runner-up claiming £50,000. With a huge purse to play for along with a place in the history books, expect some top quality tungsten and tension as the tournament enters the closing stages.
The tournament has been staged each November at the Wolverhampton Civic since its innauguration in 2007. Phil Taylor won the first three editions beating Andy Hamilton in the 2007 final, Terry Jenkins in 2008 and Scott Waites in 2009. The Power did not reach the final in 2010 after losing to Steve Beaton in the quarter-finals, allowing Scott Waites to triumph that year after beating James Wade 16–12 in the final despite trailing 8–0 at one point. Taylor reclaimed the title in 2011, defeating Gary Anderson 16-4 before Raymond van Barneveld defeated Michael van Gerwen 16-14 in an all Dutch 2012 final. Last year when the tournament was sponsored by William Hill, Phil Taylor returned to glory with a 16-6 victory over Robert Thornton and is once again the man to beat at the Grand Slam of Darts.
Betting for the 2014 Grand Slam of Darts unsurprisingly concerns the big two in darts at the moment with Phil Taylor heading the market, just ahead of Michael van Gerwen. James Wade will be hoping to go one better than in 2010 and is a decent priced outsider and anyone familiar with darts knows that Adrian Lewis can take some stopping when he's in the mood, so he may come into some punters' staking plans. Other players to consider are former champion Raymond Van Barneveld, Peter Wright, Stephen Bunting and Dave Chisnall.
Online bookmakers will as ever have a great offering of outright betting, match bets and live in-play markets to increase the excitement of the 2014 Grand Slam of Darts and there will be ample opportunity to pick up free bets and enhanced odds offers throughout the tournament.
Freebets.com provides you with access to exclusive free bets from online bookmakers which can be used to bet on darts, we bring you the latest darts free bet offers, find the best darts odds and we post regular darts betting tips for all the major darts events including the 2014 Grand Slam of Darts.
Increase your chances of making a profit from your 2014 Grand Slam of Darts betting by using free bets available from online bookmakers, get free bet refunds for losing darts bets and compare prices to get the best darts odds, all in one place at Freebets.com.
HOW TO GET FREE 2014 GRAND SLAM OF DARTS BETS
It's really very simple, online bookmakers tout for new customers by offering free bets or giving deposit bonuses to extend your stay on their internet betting sites which gives you a better chance of winning, at least on the first few visits.
These free bets and free bet bonuses can be used to bet on darts betting markets with one or two conditions. Freebets.com spells out all the terms and conditions of each bookmaker’s introductory free bet offer and deposit bonus to save you the trouble of hunting out the small print.
With the help of Freebets.com you can get access to thousands of pounds worth of free darts bets and there is no easier way to profit from betting than betting for free.
Three easy steps to get free 2014 Grand Slam of Darts bets
1.Choose a free bet; take a look at our extensive list of free bets, check the main conditions for wagering requirements and click 'CLAIM IT NOW when you see an offer you like.
2. Register with the online bookmaker; complete the online registration form and enter the promotion code where appropriate, you'll need to declare your payment details so have them handy. You must be able to trust your bookmaker with your financial details, Freebets.com only promotes reputable bookmakers and you can read our reviews in the Bookmakers section
3. Deposit some funds and place a bet; in most instances you can deposit as little as £5 or £10, but this will restrict the size of your free bet. We recommend starting out with the smaller free bet offers until you find your feet and go with those that match your first bet or deposit or even give you more than your first bet or deposit.
That's all it takes, you can place a darts bet and get free bets in return, we constantly seek out new bookmakers offers and have free bets for all the 'blue chip' bookmakers and many of the new breed of online bookmakers who have joined the competition for the blossoming internet betting business.
HOW TO USE FREE 2014 GRAND SLAM OF DARTS BETS
It's in the bookmaker's interest to make is easy to place a bet and using your free bet is simple too. Methods of choosing how to use your free bet can vary slightly between bookmakers, if it is the only funding in your account then the free bet will be automatically applied to your bet slip. If not, look for the option to apply your free bet before confirming the bet.
It's been mentioned that there will be restrictions on placing free bets, these are intended to stop people from converting the free bets into instant cash and galloping off into the sunset with the bookmakers hard earned money. Most of these restrictions don't really stop this happening. People with another bookmaker account or better still an account with a betting exchange are able to lock-in a profit from free bets without any risk. You can calculate how much profit can be locked into your free bets with our Back/Lay Hedging Calculator.
In any event, restrictions on free bets are in place and they vary between bookmakers, it is in your best interest to know what to look for, it can save time and disappointment later down the line.
Six things you need to know before using your free darts bets
1. Free bet stakes are not included in returns, you will receive the winnings from the free bet stake
2. Minimum Odds; expect bookmakers to require the free bet to be placed on selections with a minimum price, this can vary between 1/5 (1.20) and 6/4 (2.50)
3. Rollover Requirement; some bookmakers will require your free bet or deposit bonus be wagered a number of times before you can withdraw winnings from the bonus. Obviously, no rollover requirement is best, but with bigger free bet offers this shouldn't necessarily put you off.
4. Free Bet Expiry; you'll normally get 7 or 30 days to use your free bet.
5. Bet Type Restrictions; you are nearly always allowed to use your free bet a single bet and normally free bets can be used in accumulators.
6. Betting product restrictions; free bets are normally restricted to the bookmakers’ sports events and sometimes can be used on Games area. You won't be able to use free bets for pool betting or in the bookmakers’ casino and poker rooms.
2014 GRAND SLAM OF DARTS BETTING TIPS
Taking advantage of the free bets available when signing up with online bookmakers is an excellent way to boost your profits from darts betting, you certainly can't lose when using your free bet. But, there are other ways to maximise the value you get from betting on darts. You can insure your darts bet with a variety of free bet refund offers and promotions released by online bookmakers which could result in receiving a free bet as consolation for backing a losing selection.
It's not only free bets that will help your betting bank stretch further, get bonuses that boost the returns from your successful darts bets and make sure you are getting the best darts odds for your selections. At Freebets.com, we think it's a great idea to have accounts with a number of different bookmakers, if you have a debit card there is no reason to leave funds lying around in bookmakers’ accounts and you still have the opportunity to jump onto the best offer or odds for your bet. You just need to know where to find the free bet offers and bonuses or which bookmaker is offering the best darts odds.
This is where Freebets.com comes in, we constantly monitor the free bet offers and promotions from online bookmakers and update the site with around £2000 worth of offers and promotions on any single day. You can visit Freebets.com and check out the latest free bet offers and promotions for darts and compare odds for your selections to make sure you are not missing the best prices.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter where we release news of all the free bet offers and promotions that we add to the website. We don't pretend to be betting tipsters, but we can help you select wisely by bringing you important darts betting news and pointing out where to find the best darts odds in our regular darts betting related articles.
The only 2014 Grand Slam of Darts betting tips you'll ever need
1. Open accounts with a number of different bookmakers; the more free bets the better
2. Take the best odds for your darts bets; compare bookmakers odds and work out your potential returns using our Betting Calculator
3. Find free bet refunds and pay out bonuses; see if they will benefit your horse racing bet, follow our daily updates on Facebook and Twitter and you'll never miss an offer.