In July 2005, the International Olympic Committee announced London was to become the first city to host the modern Olympics three times and preparations began for staging the London 2012 Olympic Games.
From an organisational point of view, no sporting event can come close to the Olympic games, not just because it is watched by billions of people worldwide, but the sheer scale of the Olympics is simply mind boggling. More than 10,000 athletes, plus coaches and officials from around 150 nations descend upon the hosts to compete in more than 300 events, with many having a series of qualifying rounds to reach the final.
Wherever there is a sporting competition, someone will want to bet on it and the bookies face a special challenge when creating betting markets for the Olympic Games. Many of the events get little to no recognition, except for during a brief spell every fourth summer, leaving odds compilers the headache of trying to weigh up the chances of the leading competitors in such a diverse number of events.
The Olympics opens a door for the smart punter who with enough research, has a rare opportunity to get one step ahead of the bookie.
Let Freebets.com help you get the most from your Olympics betting, here we’ll provide you with free bets from online bookmakers which can be used to bet on Olympics, we bring you the latest Olympics free bet offers, find the best Olympics odds and we post regular Olympics betting tips and news for all the big Olympics tournaments.
Give yourself the best chance to profit from your Olympics betting by using free bets available from online bookmakers, get free bet refunds for losing Olympics bets and compare prices to get the best Olympics odds, all in one place at Freebets.com.
It’s really very simple, online bookmakers tout for new customers by offering free bets or giving deposit bonuses to extend your stay on their internet betting sites which gives you a better chance of winning, at least on the first few visits.
These free bets and free bet bonuses can be used to bet on the hundreds of Olympics betting markets with one or two conditions. Freebets.com spells out all the terms and conditions of each bookmaker’s introductory free bet offer and deposit bonus to save you the trouble of hunting out the small print.
With the help of Freebets.com you can get access to thousands of pounds worth of free Olympics bets and there is no easier way to profit from betting than betting for free.
Three easy steps to get free Olympics bets
1. Choose a free bet; take a look at our extensive list of free bets, check the main conditions for wagering requirements and click ‘CLAIM IT NOW when you see an offer you like.
2. Register with the online bookmaker; complete the online registration form and enter the promotion code where appropriate, you’ll need to declare your payment details so have them handy. You must be able to trust your bookmaker with your financial details, Freebets.com only promotes reputable bookmakers and you can read our reviews in the Bookmakers section
3. Deposit some funds and place a bet; in most instances you can deposit as little as £5 or £10, but this will restrict the size of your free bet. We recommend starting out with the smaller free bet offers until you find your feet and go with those that match your first bet or deposit or even give you more than your first bet or deposit.
That’s all it takes, you can place a Olympics bet and get free bets in return, we constantly seek out new bookmakers offers and have free bets for all the ‘blue chip’ bookmakers and many of the new breed of online bookmakers who have joined the competition for the blossoming internet betting business.
It’s in the bookmaker’s interest to make is easy to place a bet and using your free bet is simple too. Methods of choosing how to use your free bet can vary slightly between bookmakers, if it is the only funding in your account then it will be automatically applied to your bet slip. If not, look for the option to apply your free bet before confirming the bet.
It’s been mentioned that there will be restrictions on placing free bets, these are intended to stop people from converting the free bets into instant cash and scampering away with the bookmakers hard earned cash. Most of these restrictions don’t really stop this happening. People with another bookmaker account or better still an account with a betting exchange are able to lock-in a profit from free bets without any risk. You can calculate how much profit can be locked into your free bets with our Back/Lay Hedging Calculator.
In any event, restrictions on free bets are in place and they vary between bookmakers, it is in your best interest to know what to look for, it can save time and disappointment later down the line.
Six things you need to know before using your free Olympics bets
1. Free bet stakes are not included in returns, you will receive the winnings from the free bet stake
2. Minimum Odds; expect bookmakers to require the free bet to be placed on selections with a minimum price, this can vary between 1/5 (1.20) and 6/4 (2.50)
3. Rollover Requirement; some bookmakers will require your free bet or deposit bonus be wagered a number of times before you can withdraw winnings from the bonus. Obviously, no rollover requirement is best, but with bigger free bet offers this shouldn’t necessarily put you off.
4. Free Bet Expiry; you’ll normally get 7 or 30 days to use your free bet.
5. Bet Type Restrictions; you are nearly always allowed to use your free bet a single bet and normally free bets can be used in accumulators.
6. Betting product restrictions; free bets are normally restricted to the bookmakers sports events and sometimes can be used on Games area. You won’t be able to use free bets for pool betting or in the bookmakers casino and poker rooms.
Taking advantage of the free bets available when signing up with online bookmakers is an excellent way to boost your profits from Olympics betting, you certainly can’t lose when using your free Olympics bet. But, there are other ways to maximise the value you get from betting on Olympics. You can insure your Olympics bet with a variety of free bet refund offers and promotions released by online bookmakers which could result in receiving a free bet as consolation for backing a losing selection.
It’s not only free Olympics bets that will help your betting bank stretch further, make sure you are getting the best Olympics odds for your bets. At Freebets.com, we think it’s a great idea to have accounts with a number of different bookmakers, if you have a debit card there is no reason to leave funds lying around in bookmakers accounts and you still have the opportunity to jump onto the best offer or Olympics odds for your bet. You just need to know where to find the free bet offers and which bookmaker is offering the best Olympics odds.
This is where Freebets.com comes to your assistance, we constantly monitor the free bet offers and promotions from online bookmakers and update the site with around £2000 worth of offers and promotions on any single day. You can visit Freebets.com and check out the latest free bet offers and promotions for all the high profile Olympics events and compare Olympics odds to make sure you are not missing the best prices.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter where we release news of all the free bet offers and promotions that we add to the website. We don’t pretend to be betting tipsters, but we can help you select wisely by bringing you important Olympics news and pointing out where to find the best Olympics odds in our regular Olympics betting related articles.
The only Olympics betting tips you’ll ever need
1. Open accounts with a number of different bookmakers; the more free bets the better
2. Take the best odds for your Olympics bets; compare bookmakers odds and work out your potential returns using our Betting Calculator
3. Find free bet refunds and pay out bonuses; see if they will benefit your Olympics bet, follow our daily updates on Facebook and Twitter and you’ll never miss an offer.