Scotland meet the Czech Republic in their opening Group D game at Euro 2020 at Hampden Park in Glasgow on Monday 14 June.
Group D looks likely to be a closely fought affair, so avoiding defeat in the first match could prove crucial to hopes of progress to the last 16.
Scotland vs Czech Republic Match Stats
Scotland vs Czech Republic Odds Comparison:
[wcms_sportradar widget=”odds_comparison_match” match_id=”21612109″ header=”Scotland vs Czech Republic” display_trends=”false” display_offers=”false” display_deeplinking=”false”]
Scotland vs Czech Republic Match Prediction & Best Bet
Home advantage in their games against the Czechs and Croatia and a solid defence under Steve Clarke gives Scotland a fighting chance in Group D.
In the Match Result market, the Draw is available at odds of 2/1 with bet365* and that looks decent value.
Scotland vs Czech Republic Betting Odds
Both teams will be desperate to take something from their opening game, so this is likely to be tight and low-scoring.
Scotland To Win Odds
- Scotland did the double over the Czechs in the UEFA Nations League less than a year ago, so the 17/10 with SportNation* on a Scottish victory has some appeal.
Scotland vs Czech Republic Draw Odds
- Scotland games generally tend to be low-scoring affairs and the Czechs aren’t the most prolific goalscorers either, so many punters will back the draw at 2/1 with bet365*.
Czech Republic To Win Odds
- If the Czech Republic are to progress beyond the group stage, this is the game they will probably need to win. They possess enough quality in their squad to do so at 2/1 with SportNation.
How to get Bet Credits for Scotland vs Czech Republic
If you are still yet to register with bet365 then join today and you can enjoy some bet credits for the Euros.
New customers at bet365 can claim up to £100 in Bet Credits – just make an initial deposit £5* or more and bet365 will match it with Bet Credits.
* New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5* or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.#ad
Euro 2020 Betting Offers
Scotland vs Czech Republic Stats & Facts
- Scotland will be appearing in their first major tournament since 1998, following penalty shootout victories in the play-offs against Israel and Serbia.
- Czech Republic were runners-up at the European Championship held in England in 1996.
- Jaroslav Silhavy has a 56% win ratio from 25 games as manager of the Czech Republic, compared to Steve Clarke’s 42% from 19 games as Scotland boss.
Scotland vs Czech Republic Players To Look Out For
- Scotland: David Marshall is already assured of hero status in the history books for making decisive saves in the penalty shootout wins over Israel and Serbia in the qualifying play-offs.
- Czech Republic: Spartak Moscow’s 23-year-old defensive midfielder Alex Kral is a key player for the Czechs and is subject of increasing speculation surrounding a big-money move to the Premier League.
Where can I watch Scotland vs Czech Republic?
This match is being shown live on BBC1 and the BBC iPlayer.
What happened the last time Scotland played Czech Republic?
The teams last met in the UEFA Nations League in October 2020 at Hampden Park, with Scotland winning 1-0 through an early Ryan Fraser goal.
What are the Scotland or Czech Republic’s Chances of Winning Euro 2020?
Scotland are a massive 200/1 with Unibet to lift the Euro 2020 trophy while the Czech Republic are available at odds of 125/1 with bet365*
How many times has Scotland qualified for the European Championship finals?
This will be only Scotland’s third appearance in the finals, having suffered group stage exits in both 1992 and 1996.
* Euro 2020 betting odds correct at the time of writing. All odds are subject to changes.