They weren’t at their brilliant best but Belgium made it through a very tough round of 16 clash with Portugal.
The relief on Roberto Martinez’s face was obvious and he can be very happy with the way his defence held up to waves of Portugal attacks.
The bookies weren’t overly impressed though as Belgium have been eased to 13/2 with Paddy Power and they have another very tough task in the shape of Italy in the quarter-finals.
Belgium Euro 2020 Matches
|Match Tips & Odds||Date & Time||Stadium||Result|
|Belgium vs Russia||June 12, 21:00||St Petersburg||W – 3-0|
|Denmark vs Belgium||June 17, 17:00||Copenhagen||W – 1-2|
|Finland vs Belgium||June 21, 20:00||St Petersburg||W – 0-2|
|Belgium vs Portugal||June 27, 20:00||Seville||W 1-0|
|Belgium vs Italy||July 2, 20:00||Munich||–|
Belgium Betting Odds and Preview
Belgium are yet to win the European Championship with their best finish being 2nd at Euro 1980.
As top seeds in the group they will be eager to stamp their authority on Euro 2020 Group B. They play Russia and Denmark in the opposition’s home stadiums before taking on Finland.
- Get 13/2 on Belgium to Win to Euro 2020 cta_button_2
- Get 6/1 on Romelu Lukaku to be Top Goal Scorer cta_button_2
Roberto Martinez’s men have been one of the most consistent sides in European football for the past few seasons. As a result they are heavy favourites at 8/11 with bet365 to win Euro 2020 Group B*.
Following their impressive runs at the 2018 World Cup, Belgium will feel they can go all the way at Euro 2020. Belgium are 4/1 with Ladbrokes to reach the Euro 2020 Final*.
No team scored as many goals during Euro 2020 qualification as Belgium – 40 goals in 10 games. Belgium are 7/1 to be the top scoring team at Euro 2020 with Unibet*.
Belgium Euro 2020 Outrights
- This group of players has long been labelled Belgium’s ‘golden generation’. They will be desperate to deliver a major trophy and Belgium are 6/1 with bet365 to win Euro 2020.
- Romelu Lukaku bagged 7 goals in Euro 2020 qualifying and he will be leading the line here. The Inter Milan hitman has been in great form since his move to the San Siro. Romelu Lukaku is 8/1 with Betfair to win the Golden Boot at Euro 2020.
Belgium Euro 2020 squad
Roberto Martinez has named his Euro 2020 squad and here it is:
- GK: Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid)
- GK: Simon Mignolet (Club Brugge)
- GK: Mats Selz (Strasbourg)
- DF: Jan Vertonghen (Benfica)
- DF: Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur)
- DF: Thomas Vermaelen (Vissel Kobe)
- DF: Dedryck Boyata (Hertha Berlin)
- DF: Jason Denayer (Lyon)
- MF: Leander Dendoncker (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- MF: Timothy Castagne (Leicester City)
- MF: Thomas Meunier (Borussia Dortmund)
- MF: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- MF: Nacer Chadli (Istanbul Basaksehir)
- MF: Yannick Carrasco (Atletico Madrid)
- MF: Youri Tielemans (Leicester City)
- MF: Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Dortmund)
- MF Axel Witsel (Borussia Dortmund)
- MF: Dennis Praet (Leicester City)
- MF: Hans Vanaken (Club Brugge)
- FW: Dries Mertens (Napoli)
- FW: Romelu Lukaku (Internazionale)
- FW: Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)
- FW: Michy Batshuayi (Crystal Palace)
- FW: Eden Hazard (Real Madrid)
- FW: Jeremy Doku (Rennes)
- FW: Leandro Trossard (Brighton & Hove Albion)
*Please note all Euro 2020 odds are correct at the time of writing and are subject to change.