|Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Canada
|Main Card - 03:00am (GMT), Sunday 21st January 2024
|How to watch
|TNT Sports (UK)
|Main Event – Sean Strickland (C) 4/5 v Dricus Du Plessis 1/1
Co-Main Event – Raquel Pennington 7/5 v Mayra Bueno Silva 10/17
Sean Strickland v Dricus Du Plessis
It’s going to be a fiery encounter for the UFC Middleweight title this weekend as controversial champion Sean Strickland goes toe-to-toe with Dricus Du Plesses; and bet365 have multiple markets and odds as the exclusive ‘Official Betting Partner’ of UFC in the UK and Ireland!
Both champion and contender haven’t held back in expressing their thoughts of each other, with words spilling over into an altercation as they both sat in the crowd at UFC 296. Although not the etiquette the MMA world expects, this fight now becomes even more encapsulating as both men look to land with bad intentions from the off in a bout that has become personal.
Strickland has more to lose in the fight, having shocked many a fan and pundit by stepping in on late notice to outclass former champion Israel Adesanya back in September. This will be his first defence of that belt, and the first chance to see if the strap will prove to be an extra confidence booster or become too heavy a burden.
There’s no hiding the combustible nature of Sean Strickland, and Du Plessis has verbally jabbed at him with some sensitive subjects regarding the champion’s childhood. This being reason for blows exchanged amongst the crowd, but five rounds of five minutes will give both of them to opportunity to silence each other. Neither step back, both love to fight; don’t blink or you’ll miss it.
Bet Boosts at bet365:
· Dricus Du Plessis by Submission or Decision @ 11/4
·Fight Result to be a Sean Strickland Win + Over 3.5 Rounds @ 3/1
Raquel Pennington v Mayra Bueno Silva
After “The GWOAT” lay down her gloves and retired from the sport last year, Amanda Nunes has left the door open for a new Bantamweight champion to be crowned. In the co-main event, Raquel Pennington and Mayra Bueno Silva go for that vacant Bantamweight belt.
The belt has eluded Pennington once before who lost out to the legendary Nunes back in a 2018 title fight. Five straight wins for the former challenger, in a career that has wins over Jessica Andrade, Irene Aldana and Miesha Tate, puts her back in the spotlight with a chance at becoming Bantamweight queen.
The belt won’t come by Pennington easily, with #3 ranked fighter Mayra Bueno Silva getting her first shot at UFC gold. This will be Silva’s sixth year in the UFC, and only two losses have come across her eight fights in the organisation.
A “No Contest” in her last fight, but before that she produced two wins via submission and a decision victory as she catapulted herself into title contention at this weekend’s support to the main event.
Bet Boosts at bet365:
·Raquel Pennington by KO, TKO, DQ or Submission @ 7/1
·Fight Result to be a Mayra Bueno Silva Win + Over 3.5 Rounds @ 23/10
UFC 297 Full Fight Card Odds:
Significant Open Account Offer T&Cs
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 500% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released, your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable.
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets placed and settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See condition 2 of full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
- Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
- Only the largest cumulative stake on an individual selection within a market/fixture combination (either pre-match or In-Play) will count towards the settled bets requirement.
- Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
- Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
- Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, Free Bets, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
*Odds are correct at time of writing bet365 is committed to Safer Gambling. We promote gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly. However, we know that for some people gambling can stop being a harmless leisure activity and become a problem.
Help is close at hand. Visit www.gamcare.org.uk or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
Registration Required. T&Cs Apply, 18+. Begambleaware.org