Arsenal faced off with French side Lens in a Champions League tie on Wednesday evening, aware that a win would secure them qualification into the knockout rounds and top spot in Group B.
When all was said and done, the Gunners came away with a staggering 6-0 win. Back Arsenal to win the Champions League at 7/1 with bet365.
Arsenal’s record-breaking night
Here is every record Arsenal either set or matched following their 6-0 win over Lens on Wednesday.
- Arsenal’s 6-0 win is the biggest-ever victory by an English team against a French opponent in European competition.
- Arsenal are the first side in ChampionsLeague history to have as many as five different scorers (excl. own goals) in the first half of a match in the competition.
- Arsenal are the first English team to lead by 5+ goals at half-time in a Champions League match.
- Gabriel Jesus is the first player to score in each of his first four Champions League games for an English club.
- Arsenal’s 4-0 lead within 27 minutes is the joint-fastest an English side has ever scored four in a UEFA Champions League game, along with Manchester United v Brondby IF in November 1998 en route to winning the competition that season.
- Bukayo Saka is the third player on record (2003/04 onwards) to both score and assist in three consecutive home games in the Champions League, after Karim Benzema (4 in 2011/12) and Luis Suárez (3 in 2015/16).