Bournemouth play host to Championship outfit Swansea City in the 4th round of the FA Cup on Thursday evening.
The Cherries lost their last two league outings vs Tottenham and Liverpool but their form against the teams outside the top-six has been good of late and they are 2/7 favourites to beat Swansea with bet365.
Bournemouth vs Swansea key stats
Ahead of the clash, a number of interesting stats regarding both teams have emerged:
- The only previous FA Cup tie between Bournemouth and Swansea was in November 2000. The Cherries won that game 2-0 with goals from Wade Elliott and James Hayter.
- Swansea are without a win in their past 12 games against Bournemouth in all competitions and have already lost 3-2 against them in the League Cup this season. No side has ever eliminated the Swans from both cup competitions in the same season before.
- Bournemouth have lost their past two home FA Cup matches against teams from lower divisions than them.
- Swansea City have lost their past six FA Cup ties against Premier League opposition, conceding three goals in five of those six defeats. Their last victory was in January 2014 away at Manchester United.
- Jerry Yates has been involved in eight goals in his last nine FA Cup appearances (five goals, three assists).