Arsenal played host to Manchester City on Sunday afternoon in the final Premier League game before the October international break.
The Gunners came out on top on the day after substitute Gabriel Martinelli saw his 86th-minute effort deflected in off Nathan Ake to secure a 1-0 win.
Following the game, Arsenal have gone joint-top of the Premier League with Tottenham and can be backed at 4/1 with bet365 to win the title in 2023/24.
Arsenal breaking records
Following what is a historic win for Mikel Arteta, Arsenal have put an end to a lot of unwanted records as they look to go one better than last season in the race for the Premier League crown.
- Sunday’s 1-0 triumph was Arsenal’s first Premier League win against Pep Guardiola.
- It was Arsenal’s first Premier League win against Manchester City since 2015.
- The Gunners secured their first Premier League win against the reigning champions since 2017.
- Manchester City’s four shots against Arsenal is the fewest the Sky Blues have ever had in a Premier League game under Pep Guardiola. Their final shot of the game came in the 58th minute.
- Arsenal have beaten Manchester City in a Premier League home game without conceding for the first time since April 2012.
After struggling for so many years against the Manchester outfit, Sunday’s win will surely hand Arsenal a huge confidence boost and the belief they can actually win the title this time around.