bet365 are the official betting partner for BOXXER’s night of IBF World Title action as it makes its way to the famous fighting city of Liverpool.
This Saturday 20th January, hometown heroine Natasha Jonas looks to defend her Welterweight belt against a World Championship bronze medallist and former Super Featherweight champion in Mikaela Mayer.
Live and exclusive to UK and Ireland viewers on Sky Sports, two former Olympians promise to produce a superbly technical encounter of the highest level in what is a genuine 50/50 fight between two female boxing pioneers.
Mayer will be making the brave journey into the champion’s backyard, trying to simultaneously crash the party and snatch the Welterweight title from the former unified WBC, WBO and IBF World Super Welterweight champion.
The American can also boast former glory at a different weight having held the WBO, IBF and The Ring magazine titles at Super Featherweight. She comes into this fight after back-to-back unanimous decision wins, and only one loss across her illustrious 20 fight career – losing to Alycia Baumgardner in 2022.
Jonas famously became the first British female boxer to compete at the Olympics, and her decorated career outside of the professional boxing world includes bronze and silver medals at the European Championships, and another bronze medal from the 2012 World Championships.
After sharing the ring with Katie Taylor, in which Jonas lost by decision, the Liverpool-born fighter has gone on a five-fight win streak. This streak has most recently seen a win where she claimed the IBF Welterweight title from Kandi Wyatt; stopping the Canadian in the eighth round to set up this huge women’s main event against Mayer.
Elsewhere on the card, after a producing an incredible third round stoppage against Mark Heffron, Jack Cullen will enter the ring against former opponent Zak Chelli to defend his British and Commonwealth belts.
Cullen, known as “Little Leaver’s Meat Cleaver” is gathering a reputation as a potent finisher having showcased a stinging left hand to produce seven stoppages in his last 10 wins.
London-born Chelli is still only 26 years old, and this will be his first bite of the British and Commonwealth Super Middleweight cherry having previously held the English title. He previously held a seven-fight undefeated streak up until a loss to Mark Jeffers.
Jeffers features on Saturday’s fight night as he defends his English and Commonwealth Silver Super Middleweight champion status against Germaine Brown. If a win for Jeffers and Chelli should occur, does that perhaps lay the foundations for a potential domestic rewind between the two?
Natasha Jonas v Mikaela Mayer – IBF World Welterweight Title Fight Night
Significant Open Account Offer T&Cs
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 500% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released, your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable.
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets placed and settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See condition 2 of full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
- Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
- Only the largest cumulative stake on an individual selection within a market/fixture combination (either pre-match or In-Play) will count towards the settled bets requirement.
- Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
- Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
- Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, Free Bets, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
*All odds correct at time of writing.
bet365 is committed to Safer Gambling. We promote gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly. However, we know that for some people gambling can stop being a harmless leisure activity and become a problem.
Help is close at hand. Visit www.gamcare.org.uk or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
Registration Required. T&Cs Apply, 18+. Begambleaware.org