One player was set to take home the £1,000,000 jackpot in bet365′s 6 Score Challenge, until Phil Foden’s tap-in added a third for Manchester City late on in their rout of Manchester United. The unlucky individual had correctly navigated the first five fixtures, surviving a late VAR check at Bournemouth and a hotly disputed penalty at Molineux.
The £1 million jackpot rested on the sixth 6 Scores Challenge fixture of the weekend, the Manchester derby. Until the 80th minute, it looked like we may be celebrating our inaugural jackpot winner at bet365, but Foden saw to that, dashing hopes of a million pound giveaway.
In the process, Manchester City continued their pursuit of a fourth consecutive Premier League title with an easy 3-0 victory over their arch rivals at Old Trafford. Erling Haaland looked back to his clinical ways, opening the game with a brace despite Onana’s heroics, taking his total PL goals this season to 11.
|Bournemouth vs Burnley
|Arsenal vs Sheffield United
|Wolves vs Newcastle
|West Ham vs Everton
|Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest
|Manchester United vs Manchester City
The near-winner was taking part in bet365′s free to play 6 Score Challenge game where players are asked to predict 6 scores of selected PL matches to win the jackpot but can still win cash even if they fall short on a few predictions. See winnings breakdown below.
6 Scores Challenge Prizes
- Three correct scores – a share of £5,000
- Four correct scores – a share of £10,000
- Five correct scores – a share of £20,000
Six correct scores – a share of up to £1,000,000
See Significant Terms and Conditions below*.
Discussing the close call, bet365′s Steve Freeth said: “The £1m jackpot may not have gone but I’m sure they will still be pleased with a whopping £20,000 consolation prize! This was a tough week of predictions and out of almost 300,000 entries only 1000 players correctly predicted three out of six scores, only 21 managed to guess four and only this one player guessed four and was on target to take home the jackpot until the late goal from Man City’s Phil Foden.”
Both Manchester teams will now be turning their attention to their next matches and 6 Scores Challenge players will be looking to correctly guess the Man City score in this weekend’s game. Entries for next weekend’s challenge are now open, so make sure to keep an eye out for bet365′s Steve Freeth and Sam Matterface’s predictions for this week’s games! Think you can guess these scores to take home the jackpot?
How to get involved and win in the free-to-play 6 Scores Challenge!
6 Scores Challenge Terms and Conditions
- For full details on gameplay, please refer to our 6 Scores Challenge rules.
- You are responsible for any tax obligations (reporting and / or tax settlement) that are applicable in your jurisdiction in relation to any deposits, stakes or entry fees or any winnings/prizes or losses as the case may be. Prize values displayed are exclusive of any tax deductions (where applicable).
- 6 Scores Challenge is available at the discretion of bet365 and bet365 makes no guarantees regarding its availability. bet365 will not be responsible if 6 Scores Challenge is not available for technical reasons.
- bet365 reserves the right to accept or decline any 6 Scores Challenge entry.
- bet365 reserves the right to reclaim any prize-money or remove Bet Credits awarded for a 6 Scores Challenge entry if the outcome of a fixture within the relevant game was determined in error.
- bet365 reserves the right to amend, suspend or remove the 6 Scores Challenge feature (or any part of it) for any event, fixture or customer.
- bet365 reserves the right to remove the 6 Scores Challenge feature for any customer or group of customers where it has reasonable grounds to believe that the customer or groups of customers is misusing the feature.
Significant Open Account Offer T&Cs
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 500% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released, your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable.
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets placed and settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See condition 2 of full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
- Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
- Only the largest cumulative stake on an individual selection within a market/fixture combination (either pre-match or In-Play) will count towards the settled bets requirement.
- Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
- Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
- Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, Free Bets, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
bet365 is committed to Safer Gambling. We promote gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly. However, we know that for some people gambling can stop being a harmless leisure activity and become a problem.
Help is close at hand. Visit www.gamcare.org.uk or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
Registration Required. T&Cs Apply, 18+. Begambleaware.org