Luton Town face off with Sheffield United in a Premier League clash at 3 pm on Saturday.
The Hatters have moved out of the relegation zone after losing just one in five, with the teams below them having played a game more. Sheffield United, meanwhile, are dead bottom of the Premier League and are almost certainly going down. Back Luton to win at 8/11 with bet365.
Luton vs Sheffield United stat pack
Ahead of the game, a number of stats highlighting why Luton should win on Saturday have come to light:
- Sheffield United lost the reverse fixture 3-2 against Luton in December. They haven’t lost both league meetings against the Hatters in a single season since 1976/77 in the second tier.
- After only scoring 10 goals in their first 12 Premier League matches, Luton Town have found the net in each of their past 10 games, netting in 22 goals across these games. Only Tottenham are on a longer run of scoring (35 games) than the Hatters.
- The Blades have conceded 59 goals in 23 Premier League games this season. The last top-flight side to concede 60 goals in as few as 24 games into a season was Ipswich Town in 1963/64.
- Oli McBurnie has more goals and assists combined than any other Blades player in the Premier League this season (4 goals, 2 assists). However, Sheffield United haven’t been on the winning side in any game which he has scored or assisted in.
- Alfie Doughty has taken more corners that have led to a goal (not necessarily providing the assist himself) in the Premier League this season than any other player (8).