Tyrique and Ella have shortened into 9/4 from 5/1 to be crowned Love Island winners despite Ella returning from her trip to the Casa Amor villa with a new beau. The pair – two of just eight Day 1 arrivals still in the Love Island villa – have been coupled for most of the series. The first episode aired on June 5th.
Tyrique, a 24-year-old football player, made the decision to stick with Ella, declaring that he was prepared to advance their relationship and wanted to make sure she understood his true feelings. And so, he was dealt a crushing blow when Glaswegian Ella returned to the main villa with Ouzy See, a 28-year-old semi-pro footballer and model also from Scotland.
When Tyrique’s upset – and reasons for his upset – became clear to Ella, she immediately regretted her decision, and Ouzy was left feeling like a spare part. Meanwhile, Tyrique described himself as humiliated and confessed his ego had taken a huge hit while hiding an obvious slice of heartbreak.
Previous Winner is Sold
If anything, the episode did prove that at least one Love Island contestant has genuine feelings. A week ago, Scott’s sincerity toward Catherine was called into question by other housemates. Viewers had already been questioning his honesty.
Interestingly, following Thursday’s explosive show Liam Reardon – winner of Love Island 2021 with Millie Court – posted on Instagram: “Ohhh damn. Her and Ty will get back together though and both win the show or come runners up you heard it here.”
Liam is speaking from experience. Millie had been faithful to him throughout his appearance on Love Island’s Casa Amor episode, but he had looked into a romance with Lillie Haynes. Liam ultimately made the decision to remain with Millie, and the two went on to win the competition.
Are Punters on the Ball With Wise?
Lochan and Whitney are next in the Love Island betting odds. Their prices have recently trimmed into 3/1 from 10/1. Catherine returned from Casa Amor with Elom, leaving Welsh soccer star Scott newly single. The Dubliner and her new partner have been added to bookmaker lists at 8/1.
As if the 2023 Love Island producers were not content with three footballers in the show, they placed Amber Wise in the show on day 27. The 19-year-old is the daughter of Chelsea legend Dennis Wise.
The public is clearly not sold on the youngest contestant in the show. The best TV Specials betting sites have the graphic design student priced at 25/1 to win the show alongside any male partner and so far, there has been no movement in her price. William Hill and BetVictor have lots of Love Island betting markets available.
Love Island Winning Couple Betting Odds
- 9/4 - Tyrique Hyde & Ella Thomas
- 3/1 - Lochan Nowacki & Whitney Adebayo
- 6/1 - Mitchel Taylor & Abi Moores
- 7/1 - Sammy Root & Jess Harding
- 15/2 - Zachariah Noble & Molly Marsh
- 10/1 - Elom Ahlijah-Wilson & Catherine Agbaje
- 16/1 - Montel McKenzie & Leah Taylor
- 40/1 - Ouzy See & Ella Thomas
- 50/1 - Mitchell Taylor & Kady McDermott
- 50/1 - Tyrique Hyde & Jess Harding
- 50/1 - Montel McKenzie & Whitney Adebayo
- 50/1 - Mitchel Taylor & Leah Taylor
- 50/1 - Scott van Der Sluis & Jess Harding
- 50/1 - Zachariah Noble & Whitney Adebayo
- 50/1 - Scott van Der Sluis & Catherine Agbaje
- 50/1 - Montel McKenzie & Catherine Agbaje
- 50/1 - Sammy Root & Leah Taylor
- 50/1 - Tyrique Hyde & Leah Taylor
- 50/1 - Scott van Der Sluis & Leah Taylor
- 50/1 - Zachariah Noble & Kady McDermott
- 100/1 - Zachariah Noble & Catherine Agbaje
* Betting odds correct at the time of publication. All odds are subject to changes.