The weekend’s marquee FA Cup 4th-round tie sees Tottenham host Manchester City on Friday evening.
Spurs have a decent record vs the Sky Blues and are 4/1 with bet365 to knock out the current holders this weekend.
Why Tottenham could beat Manchester City
Before the clash at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, a number of key stats have emerged for both sides, some of which suggest a Spurs win could be on the cards:
- This will be the 15th game between Tottenham and Manchester City in the FA Cup and their first since a fourth-round replay in 2003-04 which Manchester City won with 10 men after coming back from 3-0 down at half-time to win 4-3.
- Manchester City have lost all five of their away games in all competitions at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, failing to score in every match. City have attempted 84 shots, with 22 on target, in those five games without ever finding the net.
- Tottenham Hotspur have won 12 of their past 13 home games in the FA Cup since losing to Crystal Palace in February 2016 at White Hart Lane.
- Manchester City have won their past 21 FA Cup matches not played at Wembley, a run stretching back to January 2019, with their past three defeats coming at the national stadium.
- Phil Foden has been involved in 16 goals in 14 FA Cup starts for Manchester City (11 goals, 5 assists). He scored twice in their 5-0 hammering of Huddersfield Town in the third round.