This Saturday is a rare treat as we are treated to eight games in the Premier League!
I am looking to follow up my 16/1 bet builder winner from last Sunday’s action and I think we have a fair chance at it today!
The action gets underway at 12:30 when Leicester City host champions Manchester City in the early game, I have picked out a 27/1 bet builder for this. We then have five games in the 3pm time slot so I have picked a 9/1 treble for this which can be found at the backend of the article.
The 17:30 game sees newly promoted Fulham host Everton for which I have picked out a 16/1 bet builder. Lastly, we have the 19:45 fixture where Liverpool host Leeds United and for that I have a 10/1 bet builder.
12:30 Leicester City vs Manchester City Bet Builder @ 27/1 Paddy Power
- Foden 2+ shots on target,
- Maddison 1+ shot on target,
- Maddison to be carded
I have a feeling that Erling Haaland won’t start so I will have avoided any markets to do with him. What I have picked out is a bet builder that pays 27/1 and it all lies heavily on two people.
Both players are competing for a spot in the England World Cup squad. While it looks like Foden’s place is all but secured Maddison is the player that the public are screaming out for to be picked. Foden has been a regular for City this campaign and with five goals in his last five games.
I am backing him for a couple of shots on target. Leicester have a master at set pieces in James Maddison and I expect him to have at least one shot on target this weekend, whether it be from a free kick or in open play. The talisman is also Leicester’s top scorer this season with six Premier League goals to his name in 10 games played.
What I also need from James is a cheeky little yellow card, and I am hoping that recent events can back me up here. Maddison has picked up five yellow cards in his last eight matches, all of which have come in the later moments of the game (83mins+), where he has picked up cards for petty reasons, such as diving, misconduct and late tackles. This is the sort of game where game management could be pivotal and Maddison’s seeming desire to slow down the game in the latter stages could once again surface.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in 22 of their last 23 games. (Premier League)
- The Citizens have scored at least two goals in 18 of their last 20 league games.
- Man City have been winning at half-time and full-time in five of their last seven league games.
- Seven of the last eight meetings between the sides at the King Power Stadium have produced under 2.5 match goals.
- The Foxes have kept a clean sheet in all of their last three home games in the league.
17:30 Fulham vs Everton Bet Builder at 16/1 Paddy Power
- Mitrovic 2+ shots on target
- Gordon 1+ shots on target
- Gordon to be carded
Fulham enter the game fresh off the back of two wins, coming against Aston Villa and Leeds. The Cottagers have bagged eight goals in their last three games so Everton will need to be on their toes defensively.
Thankfully for Everton the additions of Tarkowski and Coady have certainly shored up their backline. Lampard’s side haven’t conceded more than two goals in a match all season, and in only three of their 12 games have they conceded two goals.
If Everton can start to reverse their fortunes on the road they could find themselves being a top half side this season. For my bet today I am adding in Anthony Gordon to be carded having picked up more yellow cards than any player this campaign (6).
Adding to that I am backing Mitrovic to have 2+ shots on target, the fiery Serb has had 21 shots on target already this term, only Haaland and Kane have had more. Lastly, I am backing Anthony Gordon to have a shot on target having accumulated 15 in 11 games this campaign.
- Everton have kept just one clean sheet in their last 23 away games in the league.
- All of Fulham’s last 10 Premier League games have produced over 2.5 match goals.
- The Toffees have failed to win 21 of their last 23 away matches in the league.
- Five of the last six meetings between the sides have produced over 2.5 match goals. (in all competitions)
- The Cottagers have scored two or more goals in five of their last six home league games.
- Fulham have conceded at least two goals in six of their last seven league games at Craven Cottage.
19:45 Liverpool vs Leeds United Bet Builder at 10/1 Paddy Power
- Bamford to have 1+ shot on target,
- Over 5.5 Liverpool Corners,
- Kristensen to be carded
As the pressure mounts for Leeds United manager Jesse Marsch the last thing he could do with is a trip to Anfield. Jurgen Klopp will demand much more from his side than he got in their 1-0 defeat to Forest in their last Premier League match.
It’s been a turbulent start to the Reds Premier League campaign so far and they may already have left themselves too much work to do to win the Premier League this season. The visitors currently occupy 18th position so find themselves in the relegation zone having lost all of their last four games.
To add to that Leeds have only picked up two points from their last eight Premier League games. Patrick Bamford is averaging a shot on target every 55 minutes for Leeds so looks a favourable bet this weekend. Liverpool have had 82 corners this season, the 2nd most in the league behind Newcastle (89).
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 29 home games at Anfield.
- Liverpool have scored at least two goals against Leeds at Anfield in all of their last five meetings.
- Liverpool have won their last five meetings with Leeds at Anfield.
- Leeds have lost their last four Premier League away games.
- Leeds have conceded at least two goals in their last three away games.
3pm Newcastle, Brentford and Chelsea all to win - Treble pays 9/1 with William Hill
Last but not least, here is my 3pm treble which is paying 9/1 with William Hill. I am conscious I have already taken up a lot of your time so I will make this one a bit snappier!!
The first bet in there is going to be Newcastle United to beat Aston Villa. The Magpies have won four of their last five games in the Premier League, adding to that Villa have taken just two points from their last seven away games. The second selection going in there is Brentford to beat Wolves at home, Wolves have taken just one point on the road all season.
For the last selection I will be backing Chelsea to beat Brighton. If there is any man that should be equipped to beat the Seagulls it is their former manager. There has been a noticeable drop in form since Potter’s departure with Brighton having only picked up two points from their last five games.
* Betting odds correct at the time of publication. All odds are subject to changes.
Bet £10 Get £40 in free bets (Mobile Only)