This Sunday should be an absolute treat with five high quality Premier League games set to go ahead, starting with Arsenal vs Chelsea kicking off at noon. ]
We end the day with another mouthwatering tie between Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool. I have picked out three bets for the day which can hopefully add to our list of winners for the season!
12:00 Chelsea vs Arsenal Bet Builder at 19/2 with Paddy Power
- Sterling, Martinelli & Mount all to have a shot on target
- Over 3.5 match cards
- Over 3.5 Arsenal corners
We kickstart Sunday’s action with a London derby between high flyers Chelsea and Arsenal at Stamford Bridge. We’re nearly a third of the way through the season and Arsenal have a two point lead at the top of the table, time to get excited Arsenal fans?
Why not, they have already beaten Spurs and Liverpool and City have shown vulnerabilities defensively. A win here for the Gunners would be the point where I really take them seriously as title challengers to Manchester City. Graham Potter found himself humbled by his former side Brighton last weekend in a 4-1 trouncing, so he will be hoping for a response from his side as they look to continue their top four charge.
The Blues have taken just two points from their last three games so that early success that Potter had has come undone a bit. As well as the results being a bit off there still doesn’t seem to be a consistency in Chelsea’s approach, with numerous tactical changes and player positional changes over the last few weeks.
Of course it’s still early days for the Chelsea manager and he has to be allowed some time to figure out his best XI, but this game might be a bit too much for a side that’s looked uninspired over the last five games.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in nine league games at Stamford Bridge.
- Arsenal have won 11 of their last 13 league games.
- 18 of the last 19 meetings between the sides have produced at least two goals.
16:30 Tottenham vs Liverpool Bet Builder at 7/1 with Paddy Power
- Trent Alexander Arnold to have a shot on target
- Firmino to score or assist
- Both teams to score
We end the day with another monster clash as Tottenham host an out of sorts Liverpool. Spurs currently occupy third place with Liverpool way down in ninth place after 13 games. Tottenham got away with one last weekend with their win against Bournemouth, and in honesty that’s been a pattern throughout the season.
Conte’s side have found themselves making slow starts to games on numerous occasions and it seems as if they need to go behind to spark a reaction from the players. If you had taken on Tottenham to win from behind against Marseille like I did after reading Charles Perrin’s Free Bets preview you would have got decent 11/1 odds on that outcome, thanks for that one Charles.
This could be a tough game for Spurs, for as good as their home form is, the loss of Son Heung-Min to injury is a huge blow and with Richarlison and Kulusevski also on the injury table and looking unlikely to feature at the weekend. The loss of Cristian Romero at the back is also a hard spot to fill with Sanchez and Lenglet not yet proven to be strong cover.
Knowing that Son will miss this clash I expect that Klopp will give Trent Alexander Arnold free license on the right hand side of the field which in turn I hope can bring some goal attempts. Roberto Firmino has been a key figure for Liverpool this season with 9 goal contributions from his 11 appearances.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 10 games against Tottenham in all competitions.
- Liverpool haven’t won any of their last five away games.
- Tottenham have won eight of their last nine games at home.
- Both teams have scored in all of the last four meetings between the sides.
- Harry Kane has had 25 shots on target this season, only Erling Haaland (27) has had more in the Premier League.
And finally I have knocked together a cheeky treble for the 3pm games which I like the look of, which is paying 7/1 with William Hill!
- Manchester United to beat Aston Villa
- Newcastle United to beat Southampton
- West Ham vs Crystal Palace both teams to score (yes)
* Betting odds correct at the time of publication. All odds are subject to changes.