As the F1 season drives forward, we will guide you through each Grand Prix, both in terms of providing tips for the race and detailing where you will be able to find the best F1 free bets to use while you are placing your wagers.
Across the free betting tips we offer on site, expect Formula 1 to be a strong part of it during the season.
Qatar Grand Prix Preview & Betting Tips (6th - 8th October)
Washing Line Order Predicted at Qatar Grand Prix
We are thinking big for this weekend’s Qatar Grand Prix. That is a significant qualifying margin and a commanding big-margin race winner. It’s a hunch based on the 2021 Qatar Grand Prix results. Two years ago, Lewis Hamilton aced qualifying by almost three-quarters of a second, and he won the race by 25.7 seconds.
Max Verstappen has the all-conquering car now, and with the layout at the Losail International Circuit unchanged, there is no reason to believe he will not produce a similarly dominant performance. Quite simply, this track strings out all competitors, and we predict teammates will finish alongside one another down the grid.
An exception could be Fernando Alonso and Lance Stroll – as Stroll has seemed significantly slower than his ageing teammate. Logan Sargeant may also be adrift of Alex Albon – that’s been a theme in the Williams garage this year.
Max Can Do the Treble
For the first time, this column does recommend ‘the treble’. That is, ‘fastest qualifier’, ‘fastest lap’ and ‘race winner’. Max Verstappen achieving this three-leg bet is the obvious choice. He is quoted on 5/4 with bet365.
At the most recent race, the Japanese Grand Prix two weeks ago, Verstappen qualified on pole ahead of Oscar Piastri by almost six-tenths of a second. He proceeded to win the race by over 19 seconds. Impressed by those figures? Well, in the fastest lap stakes. No car got within a second of the 1min 34.18sec he recorded on lap 39.
Considering his dominance, is it possible Verstappen can also lead every lap? Bet365 offers him (or any driver) at 7/2 to complete these four tasks (aka the ‘Grand Slam’). It is tempting.
McLaren to Prosper
Of course, there is a great battle for the minor places in the World Constructors’ Championship places. Mercedes and Ferrari are the teams battling it out. But, irksomely for them, McLaren has recently been the punchiest team. Its drivers have claimed three podium finishes from the last two races.
And so, with the technical demands of Japan and Saudi Arabia not being too dissimilar, a ‘double top six’ finish for McLaren at 4/9 looks a gift.
Remaining with this team, it is interesting that Oscar Piastri can be backed on 7/4 to out-qualify his teammate, Lando Norris (also with bet365). As previously mentioned, the Australian started the Japanese Grand Prix from second, and he is clearly improving race-on-race.
Other F1 Bets of Interest
Esteban Ocon has had some bad luck – retiring from four of the last six races. But when his car stays on track and does not fail him, his top-10 (points finish) record is impressive. Eight-from-11. At this venue, we like him at a stand-out 9/10 with Unibet to finish in the points again this Sunday.
Of the last four Grand Prix, Kevin Magnussen has finished last twice, and he beat just one home on another occasion. The Dane is good at keeping his car on the road, but it is a very slow car. Resultantly, the 3/1 available on him finishing last once again looks worthy of a small interest.
F1 Race Calendar for 2023
- 3 - 5 Mar - Gulf Air Bahrain GP, Bahrain International Circuit (Winner - Verstappen)
- 17 - 19 Mar - STC Saudi Arabian GP, Jeddah Street Circuit (Winner - Pérez)
- 31 Mar - 2 Apr - Rolex Australian GP, Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit (Winner - Verstappen)
- 28 - 30 Apr - Azerbaijan GP, Baku City Circuit (Winner - Pérez)
- 5 - 7 May - Crypto.com Miami GP, Miami International Autodrome (Winner - Verstappen)
- 19 - 21 May - Qatar Airways Emilia Romagna GP, Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari (Canceled)
- 26 - 28 May - Monaco GP, Circuit de Monaco (Winner - Verstappen)
- 2 - 4 Jun - AWS Spanish GP, Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (Winner - Verstappen)
- 16 - 18 Jun - Pirelli Canadian GP, Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve (Winner - Verstappen)
- 30 Jun - 2 Jul - Rolex Austrian GP, Red Bull Ring (Winner - Verstappen)
- 7 - 9 Jul - Aramco British GP, Silverstone Circuit (Winner - Verstappen)
- 21 - 23 Jul - Qatar Airways Hungarian GP, Hungaroring (Winner - Verstappen)
- 28 - 30 Jul - MSC Cruises Belgian GP, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Winner - Verstappen)
- 25 - 27 Aug - Heineken Dutch GP, Circuit Park Zandvoort (Winner - Verstappen)
- 1 - 3 Sep - Pirelli Italian GP, Autodromo Nazionale Monza
- 15 - 17 Sep - Singapore Airlines Singapore GP, Marina Bay Street Circuit
- 22 - 24 Sep - Lenovo Japanese GP, Suzuka International Racing Course
- 6 - 8 Oct - Qatar Airways Qatar GP, Losail International Circuit
- 20 - 22 Oct - Lenovo United States GP, Circuit of the Americas
- 27 - 29 Oct - Mexico City GP, Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
- 3 - 5 Nov - Rolex São Paulo GP, Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
- 17 - 19 Nov - Heineken Las Vegas GP, Las Vegas Street Circuit
- 24 - 26 Nov - Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi GP, Yas Marina Circuit
F1 Betting Tips
With popularity growing, it’s no surprise to see betting on F1 growing, and with that, more interest in our F1 betting tips.
We are with you for every race of the season, dissecting the odds, picking out the value and ultimately, trying to find you some weekend winners.
We don’t stick with the norm with our tips either, as in a sport like Formula One, that can often lead to boring picks, and odds on shots. Instead we search out value, and use every possible market that is available to us, as we look to find the best places to bet on F1.
F1 Antepost Betting Tips
At the start of a season, there is a real buzz around F1 and what the new campaign will bring. Before we see a car in competitive action, our antepost season preview will guide you through all you need to know.
Whether it’s an old favourite succeeding again, a newcomer looking to make a mark, or a different betting market that has caught the eye, we leave no stone unturned when doing our research, and turn our findings into the best F1 betting tips possible.
Free Betting Tips for Formula One
One final point to make about our predictions here at Freebets is that we offer free F1 betting tips, so you can read everything without it being behind a paywall, or us asking you for a subscription.
With that in mind, enjoy our F1 predictions, and when it’s time to place your bets on the next race, be sure to come back to Freebets and check out what we fancy.