These days betting on the English lower leagues is becoming increasingly popular with some bigger names dropping down the leagues and competing in the third tier.
So keep an eye on this page for the most up-to-date football League One betting odds, news and information – we’ll also highlight the best League One free bets out there for you to use while placing your wagers.
Latest Betting Update - Summer 2022
Barnsley, Derby and Peterborough have fallen from the Championship into League One, and bring a wealth of second tier experience with them, which is only going to make the coming season even more competitive.
Despite those newcomers, two sides who failed in their promotion bid last season lead the betting market to win League One for the upcoming campaign. Ipswich are favourites at 5/1 with BetVictor while Sheffield United, who lost in the playoffs, are 13/2 with bet365 as second favourites.
League One Free Bets
League One is a popular league and from time to time there are some bookmakers who will offer specific League One free bets for you to use. However, if you don’t find those, that doesn’t mean there are no free bets.
When placing your wagers on League One, you can also use standard football promotions on this league, and also look out for welcome offers that are general and can be used on many sports including football.
These will allow you to get the very best deal when you are betting.
Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free BetsTerms & Conditions Apply
- The world's favourite online sports betting company
- Bet365 offers an amazing App including Live Streaming
- The most comprehensive In-Play service
Bet £10, Get £30 in Free BetsTerms & Conditions Apply
- Best betting odds & games
- Play the widest and best range of online slots machines at Bet UK
- Best UK offers our players one of the best selections of casino
Bet £20, And get it Back as Cash if it LosesTerms & Conditions Apply
- Excellent football odds from leagues all over the world
- Fun promotional offers and incentives for all customers
- State of the art mobile app for betting on the go
Bet £10 Get £30 in Free BetsTerms & Conditions Apply
- The world’s biggest betting exchange
- Fixed odds, cashback specials and bonuses added to winnings on multiple bets
- Wide range and coverage of daily enhanced odds offers
Bet £10 Get £40 in free bets (Mobile Only)Terms & Conditions Apply
- Listed on the Stock exchange and licensed in UK and EU
- Wide range of William hill promo code offers when signing up
- Diverse range of games, betting and gambling
Bet £10, Get £15Terms & Conditions Apply
- Hundreds of online slot games
- In-play sports betting markets on football, tennis, ice hockey, volleyball, badminton, baseball, golf and table tennis.
- Variety of deposit options and fast cashouts
Why Bet On League One?
The depth in English football is unrivalled, and even down at the third tier, we have a very good standard of football and plenty of excitement.
With promotion and relegation every season, whether you are looking at the top or bottom of League One, a tight race always seems to be on.
Known for its competitiveness, this is a great league to follow and bet on, with few occasions where games feature big odds-on favourites.
How Is League One Structured?
League One is the third tier of English football, so is in the middle meaning we have both promotion and relegation every season.
Three teams are promoted to the Championship, the first and second in the league are automatically promoted while the third spot comes from the playoffs. These are played between teams finishing third-sixth, with two semi-finals and a final at Wembley.
When it comes to relegation, the bottom four clubs will be relegated from this division and go down to League Two.
League One – What To Bet On?
Great news for punters turning to League One betting, the options in front of you are excellent.
League Winner – who tops the division and makes it into the Championship
Playoffs – A battle we don’t see in too many other places, who makes the playoffs
Relegation – A drop to League Two awaits four clubs, who goes and who survives?
Top scorer – Goals bring success in this division, who will lead their team to glory with goals?
The choices are also very strong when it comes to the match markets on offer too.
Match winner – who will take home the vital three points in the big games?
BTTS – will both team score in the game? An attack duel or tight, defensive matchup?
Over/Under 2.5 goals – a high scoring game, with three or more goals in it?
First/last/anytime goal scorer – who bags a goal in the games each week?