2022 Darts Betting Free Bets, Latest Odds & Betting Offers
Darts is a hugely popular sport in both participation and viewing and there are plenty of betting opportunities and free bets to be had when the cream of the crop do battle in major tournaments.
Darts was born as a traditional pub game in the late 1800s and has grown to become a mainstream sport with the world’s best players competing for huge cash prizes in various annual and seasonal tournaments.
Now we have regular competitions, and plenty of darts betting offers and deals that bookmakers create for their players throughout the year. Here we will highlight the best darts free bets on the market right now!
Darts Betting Offers
Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free BetsTerms & Conditions Apply
- The world's favourite online sports betting company
- Bet365 offers an amazing App including Live Streaming
- The most comprehensive In-Play service
Bet £10, Get £30 in Free BetsTerms & Conditions Apply
- Best betting odds & games
- Play the widest and best range of online slots machines at Bet UK
- Best UK offers our players one of the best selections of casino
Bet £20, And get it Back as Cash if it LosesTerms & Conditions Apply
- Excellent football odds from leagues all over the world
- Fun promotional offers and incentives for all customers
- State of the art mobile app for betting on the go
Bet £10, Get £15Terms & Conditions Apply
- Hundreds of online slot games
- In-play sports betting markets on football, tennis, ice hockey, volleyball, badminton, baseball, golf and table tennis.
- Variety of deposit options and fast cashouts
Arguably one of the most important tournaments in the darts calendar is the William Hill PDC World Darts Championship which takes place annually at Alexandra Palace in London over the festive period. The prize fund is estimated to be in excess of 2.5 Million, with £500,000 going to the winner.
Other popular darts events are the Masters, Grand Slam of Darts, Players Championship, and Premier League Darts. Each tournament is highly prestigious and regularly sells out venues as spectators enjoy the party atmosphere of top quality tungsten with a drink and a flutter on who they think will come out on top.
The idea of the game is to get to zero from a starting score (typically 501) in as few throws as possible. Each player can throw three darts per visit to the board and must finish by scoring a double in the outer ring or bullseye.
The inner ring counts as a treble and therefore the optimum place to aim to quickly reduce your score. The very best players in the world are capable of a ‘nine-darter’ which means throwing the minimum amount of darts to win a leg, the feat is rarely achieved and is a spectacle to behold.
Major Darts Competitions To Bet On
The sport of Darts has become massively popular with competitions, featuring the world’s finest players, staged almost every weekend.
For the very best darts players the financial rewards are enormous. Michael van Gerwen, the world’s top player is estimated to be worth almost £7.5 million thanks to his impressive string of competition results and associated sponsorship deals and product endorsements.
Three World Championship titles have been the major contributor to Van Gerwen’s bank balance, the sport’s showpiece tournament is now worth a massive £500,000 to the winner!
Darts 5 biggest tournaments:
- World Championship: Always staged over the Christmas period and concluding in early January, ‘the big one’ is the most valuable competition for players and darts bookmakers alike – it is the biggest darts betting tournament of them all and always sponsored by an online sportsbook.
- World Matchplay: Always staged at the iconic Winter Gardens in Blackpool, and starting in late July this £700,000 competition receives widespread TV coverage and, like the World Championship, is broadcast live in its entirety. Consequently it’s a real favourite with in-play darts betting professionals.
- UK Open: Staged over just three days in Minehead’s Butlins resort, this competition is a real darts betting feast as it features an FA Cup style draw after every round and boats a 160 strong field.
- World Grand Prix: If you are regularly betting on darts you will know this competition is unique and renowned for upsets. Staged in Dublin, Ireland, the Grand Prix is unique in requiring players to start on a ‘double’ and this idiosyncrasy has seen many strongly fancied darts predictions bite the dust early.
- Premier League Darts: A select field competition featuring the best in the world, this tournament is run on a league basis over several months and broadcast live on SKY Sports every Thursday night from February until late May. It is an unusual darts betting medium as it offers the prospect of drawn matches.
Money Back as a Free Bet If the Match Ends in a Draw
In addition to the above, there are countless other competitions where you can bet on darts, get darts tips and enjoy darts betting offers. The following are a selection of other darts tournaments which are televised on TV and/or live streamed on the best betting sites:
- The BetVictor Masters
- Champions League of Darts
- European Championship
- World Series of Darts
- Grand Slam of Darts
- Players Championship Finals
Notable Darts Players
Phil “The Power” Taylor was a safe bet to win almost every darts tournament he entered in the entire history of the PDC. Taylor is arguably the greatest ever darts player having won 14 PDC World Championships, 15 World Matchplay titles, 11 World Grand Prix titles, 5 Grand Slams, 6 Premier Leagues, 4 European Championships and 5 UK Opens among a host of other honours. His first title came in the Canadian Open in 1988 but he won’t add any more to his huge haul now that his retirement sees him kept to the exhibition ranks.
Michael van Gerwen wrested the World Darts Championship crown from Taylor in 2014 when it was sponsored by Ladbrokes for the last time to confirm his rise to prominence in the sport. He has subsequently kicked on incredibly impressively, winning the title in every single PDC major – many more than once. MvG has been the best darts player in the world for some time now and is sure to win heaps more major tournaments and earn bags more money as he further improves and matures in his 30s.
Gerwyn Price has had a very different route into darts than his peers in the PDC. A former professional Rugby League players, Price came to top level darts relatively late but is more than making up for lost time. His immense competitive spirit saw him rub some fellow pros and fans up the wrong way in the early stages of his time on the PDC and he was involved in some controversial moments on and off stage. The Welshman has subsequently mellowed some what and is allowing his darts to do the talking. Price won his first PDC major at the Grand Slam in 2018 before defending his title in Wolverhampton one year later. Winning the 2021 World Championship has underlined the threat of the Welshman at the oche.
The depth of talent in the PDC is truly remarkable. Peter Wright, Rob Cross, Michael Smith, Gary Anderson, David Chisnall, Daryl Gurney – the list of top-class talent goes on and on whilst the PDC Youth Tour continues to provide more major-winning standard players.
We’ll provide you with free bets from online bookmakers which can be used to bet on darts, we bring you the latest darts free bet offers, find the best darts odds and we post regular darts betting tips for all the major darts events.
Give yourself the best chance to profit from your darts betting by using free bets available from online bookmakers, get free bet refunds for losing darts bets and compare prices to get the best darts odds, all in one place at Freebets.com.
Best Darts Betting Offers
Bookmakers regularly offer free bets for customers betting on darts for the first time. But they also look after customers that enjoy betting on darts with a host of ongoing concessions such as:
- Double Winnings if the game is won with a 100+ finish
- Paid as a Winner if going 2 sets up and losing
- Money back if there is a 9-dart finish in the match
- Early payout if your player goes three legs ahead
- Enhanced darts betting odds on accumulators
How to Bet on Darts
Darts betting offers some exceptional entertainment especially if betting ‘in play’ as a players fortunes can swing dramatically and quickly. But both pre-match and in-play there are numerous darts betting markets where you can put your darts tips and strategies into play.
Not only is there the traditional Win-Lose-Draw markets and Handicap betting to make an underdogs chances better, you can also bet on individual darts matches in the following ways:
- Correct Scores
- Total Number of Match Legs or Sets (Over/Under)
- Player to Record the Highest Match Checkout
- Player to Record Highest Number of 180′s
- Will there be a 9-dart leg?
- Will there be a 170 checkout?
Darts Live Streaming
The leading online sportsbooks such as bet365, Paddy Power and Coral all feature live sports streaming feeds and live darts betting odds on all major competitions and a whole host of lesser-known contests which take place across Europe and around the world throughout the year.
Look out for the PDC Players Championship competitions, European Tour events and also World Series of Darts tournaments which sees the cream of the darting crop playing in Australasia, the Far East and the USA.
Darts tips from experts on some of these events can prove valuable as there is often limited recent form to go on.
How To Get Free Darts Bets
It’s really very simple, online bookmakers tout for new customers by offering free bets or giving deposit bonuses to extend your stay on their internet betting sites which gives you a better chance of winning, at least on the first few visits.
These free bets and free bet bonuses can be used to bet on darts betting markets with one or two conditions. Freebets.com spells out all the terms and conditions of each bookmaker’s introductory free bet offer and deposit bonus to save you the trouble of hunting out the small print.
With the help of Freebets.com you can get access to thousands of pounds worth of free darts bets and there is no easier way to profit from betting than betting for free.
Three easy steps to get free darts bets
1.Choose a free bet; take a look at our extensive list of free bets, check the main conditions for wagering requirements and click ‘CLAIM IT NOW when you see an offer you like.
2. Register with the online bookmaker; complete the online registration form and enter the promotion code where appropriate, you’ll need to declare your payment details so have them handy. You must be able to trust your bookmaker with your financial details, Freebets.com only promotes reputable bookmakers and you can read our reviews in the Bookmakers section
3. Deposit some funds and place a bet; in most instances you can deposit as little as £5 or £10, but this will restrict the size of your free bet. We recommend starting out with the smaller free bet offers until you find your feet and go with those that match your first bet or deposit or even give you more than your first bet or deposit.
That’s all it takes, you can place a darts bet and get free bets in return, we constantly seek out new bookmakers offers and have free bets for all the ‘blue chip’ bookmakers and many of the new breed of online bookmakers who have joined the competition for the blossoming internet betting business.
How to Use Free Darts Bets
It’s in the bookmaker’s interest to make is easy to place a bet and using your free bet is simple too. Methods of choosing how to use your free bet can vary slightly between bookmakers, if it is the only funding in your account then the free bet will be automatically applied to your bet slip. If not, look for the option to apply your free bet before confirming the bet.
It’s been mentioned that there will be restrictions on placing free bets, these are intended to stop people from converting the free bets into instant cash and galloping off into the sunset with the bookmakers hard earned money. Most of these restrictions don’t really stop this happening. People with another bookmaker account or better still an account with a betting exchange are able to lock-in a profit from free bets without any risk. You can calculate how much profit can be locked into your free bets with our Back/Lay Hedging Calculator.
In any event, restrictions on free bets are in place and they vary between bookmakers, it is in your best interest to know what to look for, it can save time and disappointment later down the line.
Six things you need to know before using your free darts bets
1. Free bet stakes are not included in returns, you will receive the winnings from the free bet stake
2. Minimum Odds; expect bookmakers to require the free bet to be placed on selections with a minimum price, this can vary between 1/5 (1.20) and 6/4 (2.50)
3. Rollover Requirement; some bookmakers will require your free bet or deposit bonus be wagered a number of times before you can withdraw winnings from the bonus. Obviously, no rollover requirement is best, but with bigger free bet offers this shouldn’t necessarily put you off.
4. Free Bet Expiry; you’ll normally get 7 or 30 days to use your free bet.
5. Bet Type Restrictions; you are nearly always allowed to use your free bet a single bet and normally free bets can be used in accumulators.
6. Betting product restrictions; free bets are normally restricted to the bookmakers’ sports events and sometimes can be used on Games area. You won’t be able to use free bets for pool betting or in the bookmakers’ casino and poker rooms.
Darts Betting Tips
Taking advantage of the free bets available when signing up with online bookmakers is an excellent way to boost your profits from darts betting, you certainly can’t lose when using your free bet. But, there are other ways to maximise the value you get from betting on darts. You can insure your darts bet with a variety of free bet refund offers and promotions released by online bookmakers which could result in receiving a free bet as consolation for backing a losing selection.
It’s not only free bets that will help your betting bank stretch further, get bonuses that boost the returns from your successful darts bets and make sure you are getting the best darts odds for your selections. At Freebets.com, we think it’s a great idea to have accounts with a number of different bookmakers, if you have a debit card there is no reason to leave funds lying around in bookmakers’ accounts and you still have the opportunity to jump onto the best offer or odds for your bet. You just need to know where to find the free bet offers and bonuses or which bookmaker is offering the best darts odds.
This is where Freebets.com comes in, we constantly monitor the free bet offers and promotions from online bookmakers and update the site with around £2000 worth of offers and promotions on any single day. You can visit Freebets.com and check out the latest free bet offers and promotions for darts and compare odds for your selections to make sure you are not missing the best prices.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter where we release news of all the free bet offers and promotions that we add to the website. We don’t pretend to be betting tipsters, but we can help you select wisely by bringing you important darts betting news and pointing out where to find the best darts odds in our regular darts betting related articles.
The only darts betting tips you’ll ever need
1. Open accounts with a number of different bookmakers; the more free bets the better
2. Take the best odds for your darts bets; compare bookmakers odds and work out your potential returns using our Betting Calculator
3. Find free bet refunds and pay out bonuses; see if they will benefit your horse racing bet, follow our daily updates on Facebook and Twitter and you’ll never miss an offer.
What is ‘the perfect leg’?
This is when a player wins a 501 leg by throwing just nine darts. It obviously involves hitting eight high trebles and a double. You can bet on featured games and competitions featuring what is commonly referred to as a ‘nine darter’.
What are ‘finishes’ or ‘checkouts’?
This is the combination of darts prior to a player successfully hitting his finishing double. The very lowest finish is a single double-1 (2 points) and the highest is 170, which is a combination of treble-20, treble-20 and a bullseye. Bookmakers offer darts betting options on who will get the highest checkout of the match and also games featuring a rare 170 finish.
How many legs is a game played to?
This varies from tournament to tournament and in the World Championships the games are even divided into sets and you win a set by being the first player to claim three legs.
Who goes first and is it an advantage?
The player which starts the game is decided by the player who throws a pre-game dart closest to the bullseye. It is an advantage to throw first in any leg as they normally get to a position where they can checkout first.
If betting on darts you can find some online bookmakers who accept bets on the player to throw first and the first player to win a leg despite not throwing first – this is called ‘winning against the throw’ or ‘breaking the opponents throw’.
Are all competitions simple knockouts?
No, the Premier League Darts series is done on a points table format and the Grand Slam of Darts uses a round-robin format in the early stages.