2022 Darts World Championship Overview
|Tournament Name||2022 Darts World Championship|
|When||Wednesday, 15 December – Monday, 3 January 2022|
|Where||Alexandra Palace, London|
|Live Streaming||Live on Sky Sports Darts|
|2021 Winner||Gerwyn Price|
|2022 Ante Post Favourite||Gerwyn Price|
It’s beginning to look a lot like… darts!
After a topsy-turvy season on the PDC Tour, the best in world darts ascend on the Alexandra Palace in north London for the 2022 World Championship.
It’s set to be one of the most open tournaments in years, with the major titles in 2021 shared out between a plenty of different players.
Gerwyn Price will be looking to defend his title from 2021 but will be put under immense pressure from the likes of Johnny Clayton, Peter Wright, Rob Cross and Michael van Gerwen who have all won on the tour this season.
Who will reign supreme in early January, as the 29th edition of the PDC Darts World Championship heads to Ally Pally?
Keep it all things freebets.com this weekend as we offer up betting offers, betting news and free bets for the 2022 Darts World Championship.
How To Get Free Bets For The 2022 Darts World Championship
Check out all the best Free Bet offers for the 2022 Darts World Championship below.
2022 Darts World Championship – Competition Format
Matches will be played to set format, with each set being the best of five legs (first to three)
1st Round: Best of 5 sets (15–21 December)
2nd Round: Best of 5 sets (15–23 December)
3rd Round: Best of 7 sets (27–29 December)
4th Round: Best of 7 sets (29–30 December)
Quarter-finals: Best of 9 sets (1 January)
Semi-finals: Best of 11 sets (2 January)
Final: Best of 13 sets (3 January)
Who Are The Favourites For The 2022 Darts World Championship?
- Gerwyn Price (4/1) – Gerwyn Price followed up his 2021 World Championship win with a third Grand Slam of Darts title this season and will be hard to budge on the Ally Pally oche.
- Michael van Gerwen (9/2) – MVG is a three-time world champion and knows how to get the job done in north London. Van Gerwen has had a poor season by his standards but has improved this winter.
- Peter Wright (6/1) – Peter Wright won this title in 2020 and has picked up the World Matchplay, Players Championship and World Cup in 2021.
- Jonny Clayton (7/1) – Clayton is the form player in world darts at present, winning four major titles in 2021 and climbing up to number 8 in the world.
2022 Darts World Championship – Top Stats
- Phil Taylor (14) has the most World Championship titles.
- Michael van Gerwen (3) has the most World Championship titles of those players competing in the 2022 event.
- Ten nine-darters have been thrown at the World Championship. The first one was in 2009 (Raymond van Barneveld)
- Michael van Gerwen (114.05) has the highest average in a World Championship match from 2017.
- Michael van Gerwen has the highest tournament average (106.32) from 2017.
- Phil Taylor lost only 11 matches at the World Championship and reached every final from 1994 until 2007, before being beaten in the quarter-finals by Wayne Mardle in 2008.
- Gary Anderson holds the record for the most 180s in a tournament, scoring 71 in 2017.
2022 Darts World Championship – What To Bet On
- Outright Winner – Who will win the 2022 Darts World Championship? There will be some tasty prices available in this 96-player field.
- 9 Dart Finish – Will there be a ‘perfect’ 9-dart finish in the tournament or in a particular match? You’ll get pretty tasty odds in both of these markets.
- First Time Winner – Will there be a new set of hands clasping the World Championship trophy this season?
- Most 180s in the Tournament – Which player will record the most maximums at the 2022 Darts World Championship?
- Match winner – Who will win a specific match at the 2022 Darts World Championship?
- Total legs – Will there be over or under a certain number of legs in a match?
2022 Darts World Championship – FAQ’s
*Please note that all odds are correct at the time of article publication and are subject to change.