2021 World Cup of Darts Overview
|Tournament Name||2021 World Cup of Darts|
|When||Thursday, 9 September – Sunday, 12 September 2021|
|Where||Sparkassen-Arena, Jena, Germany|
|Live Streaming||Live on Sky Sports Darts|
Let’s. Play. Darts!
There are plenty of opportunities for darts free bets this coming week, as the World Cup of Darts returns to Germany.
The pinnacle of team events in darts, the World Cup of Darts offers up a rare opportunity to see doubles compete for their country and a share of the £70,000 prize fund – oh, and be named World Cup winners.
Freebets.com are here to provide you with the best World Cup of Darts betting options, as Wales look to defend their maiden crown from 2020.
The world’s best – including Michael van Gerwen, Peter Wright, Gerwyn Price and Gary Anderson – will all take to the oche in Jena, for a yearly event that always springs a surprise.
There have been four different winners over the last five editions, so expect the unexpected inside the Sparkassen-Arena as freebets.com offer up betting offers, betting news and free bets for the 2021 World Cup of Darts.
How To Get Free Bets For The 2021 World Cup of Darts
Check out all the best Free Bet offers for the 2021 World Cup of Darts below.
2021 World Cup of Darts – Competition Format
The World Cup of Darts is played over five rounds, with 32 teams of two entering at the first round stage.
There are eight seeded nations that all avoid each other in the opening two rounds, determined by the PDC’s combined Order of Merit.
1st Round: Best of 9 legs
2nd Round: Best of 3 matches
Quarter-finals: Best of 3 matches
Semi-finals: Best of 3 matches
Final: Best of 5 matches
Who Are The Favourites For The 2021 World Cup of Darts?
- Wales – Trumping England in the 2020 final with a 101 average, the Welsh pairing of Gerwyn Price and Jonny Clayton are strong contenders to retain their crown. In Price and Clayton, Wales possess the PDC World Championship and Premier League titles from earlier in the year, and will be hard to budge in Jena.
- England – England are without a World Cup win since Phil Taylor’s retirement. ‘The Power’ guided England to four of the first six crowns with Adrian Lewis, with Dave Chisnall and James Wade the two players tasked with regaining the trophy in 2021. Wade is a consistent title winner; Chisnall is a competent ‘nearly man’.
- Netherlands – The Netherlands have won this title three times – all with the partnership of Michael van Gerwen and Raymond van Barneveld. MVG has Dirk van Duijvenbode by his side in 2021 and both are extremely hard to beat on their day.
- Scotland – 2019 winners Gary Anderson and Peter Wright are back at the World Cup looking to gain their second title. Wright is arguably playing the best darts in the world at current following his Matchplay title and will be in the talented company of two-time world champion Gary Anderson.
2021 World Cup of Darts – Top Stats
- England hold the most World Cup title (5) but are without a win since 2016.
- Toni Alcinas (Spain), Brendan Dolan (Northern Ireland), William O’Connor (Ireland), Mensur Suljovic (Austria) and Simon Whitlock (Australia) will be the only five players to have played in all 11 World Cup editions.
- Phil Taylor (England), Adrian Lewis (England) and Raymond van Barneveld (Netherlands) are the only three players with four titles.
- Raymond van Barneveld and Michael van Gerwen (Netherlands) hold the record of the highest World Cup of Darts average (117.88) against Brendan Dolan and Mickey Mansell (Northern Ireland) in 2014.
- Kim Huybrechts (Belgium) holds the record average for an individual match (121.97) against Paul Lim (Singapore) in 2017.
2021 World Cup of Darts – What To Bet On
- Outright Winner – Which nation will win the 2021 World Cup of Darts. Make sure to look at the draw and possible routes of each nation, as well as who is representing them.
- 9 Dart Finish – Will there be a ‘perfect’ 9-dart finish in the tournament or in a particular match? You’ll get pretty tasty odds in both of these markets.
- First Time Winner – Can the likes of Belgium, Australia or Northern Ireland spring a surprise in Germany and become first-time winners?
- To Win Quarter – Which nation will win their specific quarter of the draw and reach the semi-finals?
- Most 180s in the Tournament – Which player or nation will record the most maximums at the World Cup of Darts?
2021 World Cup of Darts – FAQ’s
*Please note that all odds are correct at the time of article publication and are subject to change.