2022 UK Open Darts
Tournament Name: 2022 UK Open Darts
When: Friday, 4 March – Sunday, 6 March
Where: Butlins, Minehead, UK
Live Streaming: ITV4
2021 Winner: James Wade
Get ready for darting madness this weekend as the “FA Cup of Darts” rolls into Butlins, Minehead, once again.
This weekender always throws up some shocks, surprises and giant-killings with 160 dart-ists dreaming of lifting the title on Sunday evening.
James Wade is the reigning champion following his 2021 success but Gerwyn Price walks into Butlins as the 2022 favourite, in search of his first UK Open crown at the ninth attempt.
Keep it all things freebets.com this weekend as we offer up betting offers, betting news and free bets for the 2022 UK Open Darts.February 28, 2022
How To get Free Bets For The 2022 UK Open Darts
Check out all the best Free Bet offers for the 2022 UK Open Darts below.
Top 2022 UK Open Darts Finals Betting Offers
Check out the entire top betting offers for the 2022 UK Open Darts below.
2022 UK Open Darts – Competition Format
Each round is leg play, following this format:
1st Round: Best of 11 legs
2nd Round: Best of 11 legs
3rd Round: Best of 11 legs
4th Round: Best of 19 legs
5th Round: Best of 19 legs
6th Round: Best of 19 legs
Quarter-finals: Best of 19 legs
Semi-finals: Best of 21 legs
Final: Best of 21 legs
Who Are The Favourites For The 2022 UK Open Darts?
- Gerwyn Price – Despite never lifting the UK Open title, the “Iceman” has a solid record in this unforgiving format. The Welshman has reached two finals and two semi-finals in the last five years and is the rightful favourite following an electric start to 2022.
- Michael van Gerwen – On his day, “MVG” is still capable of brushing aside anyone in world darts. It’s just getting a little less common. The Dutchman is without a recognised TV title for over a year now but has 2015, 2016 and 2020 UK Open titles to fall back on.
- Peter Wright – “Snakebite” won this title in 2017 following back-to-back losses in the final, but the Scot hasn’t faired too well since then. Still, he’s the world number two and is now in the habit of picking up titles – including January’s ‘big one’.
- Jonny Clayton – Despite Clayton’s ridiculous form in 2021, the Welshman is still considered a newbie and outsider on the tour. His darts would prove otherwise with the 2021 Premier League champion looking to add the UK Open to his collection. A semi-final run in 2020 is the best Clayton has managed at this tournament.
2022 UK Open Darts – Top Stats
- Phil Taylor has won the most UK Open crowns (5)
- Michael van Gerwen and James Wade are the two most successful active players with three titles each
- Peter Wright and Gerwyn Price are the only two players to have lost two finals at the UK Open
- 12 9-dart finishes have been thrown at the UK Open
- Phil Taylor holds the highest average at a UK Open match (118.66 in 2010)
February 28, 2022
2022 UK Open Darts – What To Bet On
- Outright Winner – Who will win the 2022 UK Open Darts? There will be some tasty prices available in this 160-player field.
- 9 Dart Finish – Will there be a ‘perfect’ 9-dart finish in the tournament or in a particular match? You’ll get pretty tasty odds in both of these markets.
- First Time Winner – Will there be a new set of hands clasping the UK Open Darts trophy this season? This wasn’t the case last season as James Wade lifted the title for the third time.
- Most 180s in the Tournament – Which player will record the most maximums at the 2022 UK Open Darts?
?? ???? ?? ??? ???????? ???
A truly professional display as James Wade makes it a hat-trick of UK Open titles, completing an 11-5 win over Luke Humphries in the final!
Congratulations James! ? pic.twitter.com/bpIthqJo7K
2022 UK Open Darts – FAQ’S
- How can I watch the 2022 UK Open Darts?
ITV4 will be showing live coverage of every dart on the Main Stage at the 2022 UK Open Darts
- What happened in 2020?
James Wade won his third title after beating Luke Humphries 11-5 in the final
- What format is the 2022 UK Open Darts?
The 2022 UK Open Darts format is leg play.
- Can I bet live on the 2022 UK Open Darts?
Yes, all the main bookmakers will offer in-running betting on a huge number of markets.