The US Open is the final tennis Grand Slam of the calendar and here at Freebets.com we’ve got all the best Free Bet offers, tips and predictions for the tournament.
US Open 2022 Tennis Betting Offers & Free Bets
- £5 Free Bet & Power Up – Place a 3+ leg acca and get a free Paddy Power “Power Up” on all Singles or Doubles matches. Weekly free bet applies to bets of £5 or more which entitles you to a free bet of £5 and a “Power Up” the following Monday.
- Tennis Accumulator Bonus – Up to 50% bonus for accumulators on selected tournaments at bet365. Applies to pre-match accumulators of 2+ selections on To Win Match, First Set Winner and Set Betting markets. Bonus percentage is dependent on number of selections. Bonus capped at £100k and applied to winnings. Bet restrictions and T&Cs apply. New and eligible customers only.
US Open Tennis 2022 Betting Tips
- Recent Form – Incoming form is always important for confidence ahead of a Grand Slam but it could be particularly so ahead of the 2022 US Open as those who have played well in empty stadiums lately could be at a distinct advantage
- Fitness – Betting on a player carrying an injury always comes with risk and full fitness is especially important this year as some players are sure to head to New York somewhat undercooked in terms of their preparations
- Expect Some Shocks – Surprise results have become the norm in the early rounds of Grand Slam tournament in recent years, especially in the women’s game; that is not going to change in the strange setting of the 2022 US Open
US Open Tennis Betting Markets
There are a variety of bet options available when it comes to US Open tennis betting:
- Outright – Simply who you think will win the men’s or women’s tournament in your US Open tennis predictions 2022.
- Match Betting– a two-way market where you are simply betting on the outcome of any individual match. Be aware that favourites will often be priced at extremely short odds.
- Set Betting– Betting on the final set score in any given match, e.g. if you think Djokovic might start slowly, backing him to win 3-1 could be a better option than backing him in the Match Betting at unattractive odds.
- Total Games Over/Under –An Over/Under bet on the total number of games played in a match. Theoretically, the closer the odds between the players going into the match, the more likelihood of it going the full five sets (three sets for women). The favourites can often breeze through the opening rounds whilst losing just a handful of games.
US Open Tennis 2022 – When & Where
The US Open 2022 takes place between August 29 and September 11 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park of Queens in New York City.
US Open betting odds
Top seed Novak Djokovic heads the betting on the men’s side of the draw, which is little surprise given his regular rivals Nadal and Federer have both opted not to play in New York this year.
Djokovic does not always produce his best tennis at Flushing Meadows but he is a three-time champion and a price of 5/6 for him to make it four titles makes sense – he is the man to beat.
Daniil Medvedev and Stefanos Tsitsipas are at the front of the chasing pack, with 7/1 available on both men as they seek to win a first major title of their promising careers.
Just behind them are Dominic Thiem (10/1) and Alexander Zverev (17/1) with a big gap to the next group of Milos Raonic (33/1), Felix Auger Aliassime (33/1), Roberto Bautista Agut (40/1) and Andriy Rublov (40/1). The 2012 champion Andy Murray is also 40/1 to win the US Open.
Naomi Osaka, the 2018 champion, has been installed as the favourite for the women’s title at the 2020 US Open, with the Japanese star available at odds of around the 5/1 mark.
Serena Williams (11/2) is not far behind with the American having been beaten in each of the last two finals in her home Grand Slam event. Williams is still one behind the great Margaret Court on 23 major singles titles after a series of near-misses but she cannot be discounted.
Despite so many top 10 players opting out, top seed Karolina Pliskova can be backed at 10/1 with Sofia Kenin (11/1), Petra Kvitova (14/1), Aryna Sabalenka (17/1) and Madison Keys (20/1) among the contenders according to the US Open betting odds.
US Open betting tips and predictions
Djokovic is certainly the man to beat in the US Open betting, but a price of 5/6 will be a little skinny for most tennis fans to think it is worth backing the Serbian star to come out on top. Djokovic can be backed at 3/1 to win the tournament without dropping a single set.
Better value could be found in the each-way market, which pays half the odds to reach the final with most bookmakers who are offering US Open 2020 odds. Taking a price of 10/1 on an each way basis in the US Open would therefore pay 5/1 if the player got to the final and lost.
Daniil Medvedev made last year’s final and the Russian has a good chance to do so again. At 7/1, his price is just about big enough to be worth taking on an each way basis. Another contender for a first Grand Slam title is Milos Raonic (33/1), with the big-serving Canadian having shown good form at the main warm-up event, the Western & Southern Open.
So many high-profile absentees in the women’s draw could mean this year’s US Open offers the ideal opportunity for Serena Williams to finally draw level with Margaret Court on 24 Grand Slam singles titles. Williams – who can be backed at odds of 11/2 to win the tournament again – has won here six times, including three titles in a row between 2012 and 2014, and she has all the experience to battle through the tournament again.
On an each-way basis, value could be found with the teenage US sensation Cori Gauff, who many believe is the successor to Williams. She is available to back at 30/1 and has racked up wins over stars such as Serena’s sister Venus, as well as landing her first WTA title at age 15.
Madison Keys got to the final in 2017 and she could repeat the trick at 20/1 this time out. While Keys did crash out early at the Western & Southern Open, she should pick up some form in the early rounds of the 2020 US Open and start showing her class as the tournament goes on.
How to watch the US Open Tennis 2022
Viewers in the UK can stream the US Open action live on Amazon Prime Video. New users can sign up for a free 30-day trial with full access to live sports coverage. Once the trial period concludes, the service will cost £7.99 per month. Amazon hold the exclusive broadcast rights to the US Open until 2023.
Previous US Open Tennis Winners
|Year||Men’s Winner||Women’s Winner|
|2021||Daniil Medvedev||Emma Raducanu|
|2020||Dominic Thiem||Naomi Osaka|
|2019||Rafael Nadal||Bianca Andreescu|
|2018||Novak Djokovic||Naomi Osaka|
|2017||Rafael Nadal||Sloane Stephens|
|2016||Stan Wawrinka||Angelique Kerber|
|2015||Novak Djokovic||Flavia Pennetta|