The Ryder cup offers something completely different for golf fans, team sport. Check out our Ryder Cup betting guide offering you the latest Ryder Cup free bets, predictions, tournament info and everything else you need as Team Europe look to defend home soil in Rome in 2023.
When & Where is the 2023 Ryder Cup?
The 2023 Ryder Cup will be hosted by Team Europe. The even will take place from Friday, September 29 until Sunday, October 1.
Hosting will be the Marco Simone Golf & Country Club, located just outside of Rome in Italy, and it will be the first time that the Ryder Cup has been played in Italy.
Ryder Cup Free Bets
Check out the best Ryder Cup free bets and betting offers below!
Ryder Cup Confirmed Teams
Both Team Europe and Team USA have now finalised their teams for the 2023 Ryder Cup, and here they are.
- Captain - Luke Donald
- Ludvig Aberg
- Matt Fitzpatrick
- Tommy Fleetwood
- Tyrrell Hatton
- Nicolai Hojgaard
- Viktor Hovland
- Shane Lowry
- Robert Macintyre
- Rory McIlroy
- Jon Rahm
- Justin Rose
- Sepp Straka
- Captain Zach Johnson
- Sam Burns
- Patrick Cantlay
- Wyndham Clark
- Rickie Fowler
- Brian Harman
- Max Homa
- Brooks Koepka
- Collin Morikawa
- Xander Schauffele
- Scottie Scheffler
- Jordan Spieth
- Justin Thomas
Betting on the Ryder Cup
The Ryder Cup offers different ways to get involved, and one of the biggest changes to a regular golf event is betting on sessions, either a team to win a session, or on individual games, something that’s not available normally.
- Outright Winner - Want to keep things nice and simple? Simply choose the team you think will win the Ryder Cup this year!
- Correct Score - Golf is a sport that often allows you to bet a bigger odds, if you want that here then a correct score bet is the way to do it. Not only are you choosing the winner, but also the winning scoreline, tough but rewarded with big odds.
- Foursomes/Fourball Winner - Games on the opening two days are split into fourballs and foursomes. These individual games are available for those wanting to bet on something specific, so check out the matchups, look at who is taking each other on, and pick your winner.
- Session Winner - On the opening two days, there are two sessions of four games, while the final day sees one session of 12 games. All five sessions can be used for betting, choosing which team wins that particular session, and for bigger odds you can also add in a correct score prediction to your session betting too.
- Top Points Scorer - Players win points for their team throughout the weekend and if you want to bet on a particular player to do well, you can back them to accumulate the most points. This can be for their own team, or overall, and is a great way to support one particular player to have a strong weekend.
Best Ryder Cup Betting Sites
Golf plays a huge part in the sports betting industry, with many brands putting a huge amount of focus and attention on it, and when it comes to the Ryder Cup, that’s expected to go up to another level.
If you’re looking for a new bookmaker for the event, check out our best Ryder Cup betting sites below.
bet365 Ryder Cup Betting
bet365 are known for offering an extensive range of betting markets across pretty much any sport taking place around the world and golf is certainly no different. If you’re wanting choice when placing your bets, and a variety of markets that will rival anything else available, then bet365 can certainly offer you that.
With competitive odds, in play betting, enhancements and boosts across many sports, bet365 offer the full package for golf.
Betfred Ryder Cup Betting
Betfred have risen through the ranks over the years and one of the biggest reasons for that has been their very competitive betting odds. If you are looking for top quality odds, Betfred will have you covered, both on the Ryder Cup and any other events you want to bet on.
They’ll offer those odds across a wide range of markets, and have enhancements and specials available too, rounding off their top notch service.
Betfair Ryder Cup Betting
Betfair are famed for many things, but one of those is their in play betting options, which are outstanding. They will have you covered with a variety of in play betting markets over the three days of action, if you want to give yourself the option of not only betting before the play begins, but also during it.
Combine those in play options with good odds and multiple betting markets to use and you can see why Betfair have the reputation they do.
Ryder Cup Betting Tips
The Ryder Cup is synonymous with punters, and makes for one of the biggest golf events every year to have a flutter on! Freebets has you covered with tips for Ryder Cup weekend. So head over and check out our Golf Tips, where we will be updating you with all the latest tips from our resident tipsters.
Ryder Cup Previous Winners
|2021||Team USA||19-9||USA (Wisconsin)|
|2018||Team Europe||17.5-10.5||Europe (France)|
|2016||Team USA||17-11||USA (Minnesota)|
|2014||Team Europe||16.5-11.5||Europe (Scotland)|
|2012||Team Europe||14.5-13.5||USA (Illinois)|
Ryder Cup FAQs
When is the Ryder Cup?
The 2023 Ryder Cup runs from Friday 29th September to Sunday 1st October.
What time does the Ryder Cup start?
The first tee is scheduled for 6:35am BST on Friday and Saturday, with Sunday scheduled to tee off at 10:35am BST.
How to watch the Ryder Cup?
The Ryder Cup is being broadcast on Sky Sports Golf here in the UK, with full and exclusive coverage of the weekends action.
When is the next Ryder Cup?
The next Ryder Cup takes place in 2025 at the Black Course in Bethpage State Park.