The bookies have started to put bets into your own hands, through an exciting new opportunity known as ‘request a bet’. These new betting opportunities are designed to let you create your own bet, where you decide your odds instead of settling for the sportsbook offers.
The bet builder feature has quickly become popular and a growing number of bookmakers have begun to offer their own versions.
Request a Bet Offers
What is ‘Request a Bet’ Feature?
The request a bet feature is designed so that you can let the bookmaker know exactly what bet you want to place. They will then give you a price for the bet. If you have a bet which you think could payout, this new bet builder feature could be a lucrative betting option.
If you are thinking of placing a bet through a request a bet special, the markets available will vary between bookmakers. The majority of bet builder features are available for football matches, with bets available for stats such as both teams to score, named player, number of corners and the number of assists for a particular player.
Build Your Bet Your Way at Coral
Advantages of Creating Your Own Bet
The ability to make your own bet provides a variety of advantages, which could see you winning at great odds, for example:
- Back special markets – Some bookmakers will list the bets which other punters have already requested. This means that you can quickly scan the options and place a bet which another person has spotted as a great opportunity.
- Variety of bet builder opportunities – There are thousands of different options available within the market for you to put together. This means it’s possible to create an almost endless list of possible betting opportunities.
- The odds will increase – When you use the bet builder function you will have the ability to add numerous factors into your bet. As you gradually add the different possibilities the odds will start to increase, so you could win a large amount if your bet pays out.
- A variety of markets – When the feature first began, it was mainly available specifically for football markets. However, as it continues to evolve, an increasing number of markets are available, including rugby, horse racing, tennis, American football and basketball.
Bookmakers Request a Bet Offers
With so many bookies offering request a bet promotions, it is worth taking a look at the available deals to find the ideal match for you. The following are some of the most popular request a bet specials:
- Bet365 Bet Builder – This bookmaker offers a feature known as the Bet Builder, which is available for many of the top market events. When you use the Bet365 request odds features you will be able to fine-tune your own bet and put the control in your own hands.
- William Hill #YourOdds – If you’re looking for request odds William Hill specials, keep an eye out for their promotion known as #YourOdds. The bookmaker’s website will list the events which are covered by the request a bet feature. Although, if you’re looking to place a bet which is outside of the usual sports, it’s worth asking for a price.
- Ladbrokes #GetAPrice – As another high-profile bookmaker, Ladbrokes are also running their own request a bet special, which is known as #GetAPrice. Ladbrokes have a variety of stats available across their sportsbook, so you can pick your own combination from possibilities such as goals scored, shots, passes and tackles. They run the promotion every week for all matches within the Premier League, Champions League, Championship, La Liga and Serie A Matches.
- Coral #YourCall – This bookmaker is a popular option for those looking to use a simple bet builder feature. Their request a bet special is available on all matches within the Premier League, Champions League, Championship, Serie A and La Liga markets. Although, you will need to choose from specific markets available for the match, including total match booking points, total match corners, both teams to score, total match goals and match result.
- Paddy Power #AskPaddyPower – The Paddy Power request odds feature is another popular betting opportunity. The bookmaker will allow you to use their bet builder feature on virtually any market, so if you have an unusual bet you would like to place, Paddy Power is likely to give you a price.
How to Build Your Bet
This type of betting initially began on social media, when punters would ask the bookmakers if they would offer a price for a particular bet. This is still very popular, but due to the success of the bet builder feature many are offering a variety of options through their websites.
The bets are a new alternative to the traditional accumulator betting, which would allow punters to create bets based on the outcome of several events. The request a bet special allows you to bet on several outcomes within a single event.
For example, the bet could include:
1) How many goals will be scored
2) How many corners will be awarded
3) The result of the match
Request a Bet on Twitter
The request a bet feature is very popular on Twitter, which makes it possible for you to request a price by sending a Tweet to the bookmaker. The bookmakers use hashtags which are specifically created for the bet builder feature, so you can quickly and easily get a price. The bookmaker will reply to your Tweet with a link to the site so that you can click through to the sportsbook and place your bet.
Request a Bet FAQs
Can you cash out a request a bet special?
In general, bookmakers will cash out bets for markets which are still available for betting. If a market has already been suspended, the cash out option will not be available.
Do request a bets count in extra time?
No, all bets placed are for the normal duration of a match - extra time and any penalties awarded will not count.
What happens if a player does not take part?
If a bet involves a specific player, they will need to start the match, otherwise the bet will become void. If the bet involves cards awarded to a specific player, the bet will become active when the player enters the match.
Will all request a bets be accepted?
No, this is because of a term known as latent contingency and describes a bet when two separate bets can affect each other and impact the outcome.
Do I need a Twitter account to request a bet?
Although request a bet features started through Twitter, the majority of betting sites will now offer the feature through their own website.