How it works
- Follow the @FreeBetsDotCom and @FreeBetsRacing accounts on Twitter, @FreeBetsDotCom on Instagram or @FreeBetsOfficial on Facebook; and
- Retweet on Twitter, share on Facebook or share to stories on Instagram, the post relating to the prize draw at any time between 20th February 2023 and 8th March 2023.
Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 or over. Proof of age and identity may be required.
Two tickets to Cheltenham Festival Gold Cup Day (Friday, 17th March 2023)
Full Terms and Conditions
- This prize draw (the “prize draw”) is promoted by us, XLMedia Plc, a company registered at 25 Wilton Road, London, Victoria, SW1V 1LW
- You can enter the prize draw once per social media channel (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) using the entry methods above. Entrants will be eligible for a maximum of one pair of tickets only. Entries cannot be made on behalf of another person and joint entries cannot be made. Multiple entries from the same person on the same social media platform will be disqualified. We accept no responsibility for entries that, for whatever reason, we do not receive before the end of the prize draw period.
- Winners will not have any right to amend or request a change to the tickets that they have been allocated by us. If any winner is not able to attend the event on the allocated day, then we reserve the right to select another winner pursuant to the process set out in clause 16 below.
- It is free to enter the prize draw and no purchase is necessary. However, in order to enter the prize draw, you must have an internet connection and an account on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The prize draw will run from 20th February 2023 until 8th March 2023 (the “prize draw period”). Entries received outside of the prize draw period will not be eligible to win the prize draw.
- Only UK residents aged 18 or over at the date on which they enter the prize draw may enter. Proof of age and identity will need to be provided to claim the prize.
- Entrants must not be subject to any banning order relating to horse racing events anywhere in the world.
- The prize draw is not open to employees of XLMedia Plc, people in their household, or other third parties who are professionally connected with the prize draw. (People are considered to be members of the same household if they live at the same postal address or have the same email address.)
- The prize is provided by a third party. We have no liability for, and do not guarantee, the authenticity or quality of the prize (including the seating position or any other element relating to the tickets). Without prejudice to the foregoing, we have no liability in the event of any change to the time or date, nor in the event of any interruption, postponement, delay or cancellation for any reason whatsoever. Should the prize be unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative prize of substantially equal or greater value. There is no cash alternative available.
- Winners of the prize draw must comply fully with any terms and conditions applicable to the use of the tickets (e.g. ticket terms and conditions, general terms of admissions, dress codes, alcohol consumption restrictions, etc.). We reserve the right to disqualify you and/or to withhold or revoke the tickets in the event of any suspicion by us that you are not complying with, or that you intend not to comply with, such terms and conditions or if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw.
- By entering the prize draw, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. If you breach any of these terms and conditions, your entry to the prize draw will be cancelled, and we shall incur no liability to you whatsoever.
- We accept no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical or other reason.
- No entries from agents, third parties, syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices are permitted and no bulk entries are permitted.
- We are not responsible or liable for any travel to the event or any other costs and expenses incurred by the winner in relation to the event. Winners hereby agree and acknowledge that they will be fully responsible and liable for making any travel arrangements and paying for any travel costs, including any travel (or other) insurance. All costs and expenses not expressly included within the prizes are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- Winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received during the prize draw period.
- We will contact the winners by direct message to the social media account they entered the competition with as soon as reasonably practicable after the end of the prize draw period on 8th March 2023.
- If the winner does not claim the prize within 24 hours of us sending such message their entry is invalid;
- If the winner breached any of these terms and conditions or the winner is not available to attend the event on the day for which they have been allocated by virtue of their tickets, then we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and we will select another winner at random.
- The tickets will, at our discretion, be delivered to the winner’s home address in advance of the event, sent by e-ticket or sent to the venue for collection by the winner. We will give you reasonable instructions in relation to any such location collection.
- The winners must have access to a personal email account.
- The prize cannot be sold or exchanged for cash or any other prize and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- We can at any time verify the eligibility of any entrant (including their age, place of residence and/or whether they are subject of any banning order)
- We can at any time disqualify any entrant (including any winner): found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the prize draw or entering using fraudulent means, or who we believe to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions; who does not give correct contact details or who makes an entry on someone else’s behalf; posting (or who has previously posted) a post, entry or comment to their own and/or our social media pages that is, in our opinion, inappropriate, offensive, discriminatory, defamatory or upsetting to other entrants, our fans or commercial partners relevant to the prize draw, or is directly aimed at us, or contrary to applicable law, and, in the case of our social media pages, to remove any such entry or comment.
- We reserve the right to extend, change, end or suspend the prize draw, with or without giving prior notice, if this is necessary due to reasons outside our control (including but not limited to if fraud or suspected fraud is identified). We will notify entrants of any changes to the prize draw as soon as reasonably practicable.
- We reserve the right to publish on our social media accounts the details of the winner of the prize draw (including but not limited to the winner’s name and social media handles) unless the winner gives us prior notice that they object to the publication by us of such details (such notice to be given by email to email@example.com). Notwithstanding, we may still provide such details to a regulator or other public authority to the extent required to do so by law.
- If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms and conditions or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time that you entered the promotion. Loss or damage that is not foreseeable includes (but is not limited to) extreme weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, industrial action, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, unavoidable accidents, a pandemic or epidemic, or a change in law or regulation.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions removes our liability for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent acts resulting from our negligence. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, will be governed by English law and any legal action relating to it will be dealt with in the English courts.
- This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed, associated with, approved or managed by, or ran in association with, Twitter, Meta or any other third party associated with the prize draw. Entrants acknowledge that Twitter nor Meta shall not have any liability to them in connection with the prize draw.