Roulette – The Rules of the Game
It is worth first pointing out that Roulette does not actually have too many rules, but the few it does have we will cover here. In basic terms you are simply betting on something that you hope will be correct (fingers crossed) and that you make a profit. Some of these rules will only apply to land based casinos.
We will also take a look at some Roulette Etiquette but first a few basics of the game.
European Roulette Here the wheel has 37 slots which are made up of a single green slot for the zero and a further 18 red and 18 black. The house edge (advantage) for this game is 2.56%.
American Roulette This time, besides the green zero slot, the 18 red and 18 black slots, there is an extra green slot for the ‘double zero’ bringing the total to 38. The house edge (advantage) for this game is 5.26%.
Table Limits Whether you are playing online or offline all bets that you make during the game must be within the table limits which will be clearly displayed to the player. These table limits let you know the minimum and maximum you can bet on certain parts of the table within any single spin of the wheel.
Placing Bets Whether you are online or in a land based casino you can place as many or as few chips around the table as you want as long as you are within the table limits. However be conscious of the time you take if you are in a ‘real’ casino or online with a ‘live dealer’ as time is limited between each spin of the wheel.
No More Bets When you hear the dealer state ‘no more bets’ you are not allowed to put any more chips on the Roulette table. If you do they will not count and you will not be able to receive any winnings from that bet.
Etiquette These are a few guidelines concerning etiquette which you should adhere to when playing Roulette:
- Make sure you are always courteous to the dealer even if you are having an unlucky day. They do not have the power to influence the outcome.
- Be polite to other players. If another player is acting up then don’t get in an argument with them. Let the casino deal with them as they will most likely be asked to leave the session
- When playing in a land based casino make sure you place your chips on your bets carefully and never throw them, otherwise it may cause confusion and affect the games flow.
- Do not bring any food or drink to the table unless brought to you by a waiter or waitress.
- Tipping the Dealer is considered to be polite when you have had a good winning streak and have made quite a lot of money during your session at the table
And finally, probably one of the most important rules if you are going to play Roulette is to HAVE FUN!
If you fancy giving Roulette a spin we recommend Winner Casino which offers a demo of its table games including roulette.
At Winners Casino you can familiarise yourself with the game and then when you want to play for real you can take advantage of their great welcome offer. Simply make a deposit of £35 or more and receive a 200% bonus worth up to a maximum £300 free.
You can read our full review of Winner Casino here.