The British Open, also known as Open Championship or simply known as The Open by most, is the highlight of the British golfing calendar, and a unique test for golfers.
The 2023 event will take place from Thursday 20th July, with the final round taking place on Sunday 23rd July.
British Open Betting Offers and Free Bets
Check out all the best Free Bet offers for the 2023 Open Championship below.
Betting on the British Open
- Outright Winner – The main betting market offered on golf, you’re betting on a player to win the tournament. It may seem a tough ask to pick an outright winner from 80+ players but you’ll be rewarded with some nice odds if you can do it.
- Each-Way Betting – Here you’re essentially having two bets on the same player, one backing them to win, and one backing them to place. If your golfer places you’ll generally get a quarter or a fifth of the odds, and if they win you’ll get paid on the win part of your bet as well.
- Match Betting – A simple one, you’re backing one specific golfer to outscore another over the tournament.
- Round 1 Leader – As it says on the tin, this market lets you have a bet on which player will be the clubhouse leader after the first round.
- 2/3 Ball Betting - Golfers play in groups, and if you want to focus on those, you can. Three balls for the first two days and then two balls for the last two days, if you want to narrow the field, this is a way to do it.
- Top 5/10/20 Finish - Like a player to do well, but not quite win? Back them to finish in the top 5, top 10 or top 20 with this market.
British Open Betting Sites
There are some great betting sites available for those looking to find a new brand ahead of the British Open.
With that in mind, here’s a run down of some of the best.
bet365 Golf Betting
With a standout range of markets, if you are looking for a golf betting site with big options, and potentially markets you can’t find elsewhere, then bet365 have an excellent service on offer.
Thanks to so many options, golf betting has never been as varied, and bet365 lead the way with that.
BetVictor Golf Betting
When it comes to competitive odds, BetVictor are one of the market leaders for golf. They have plenty on offer, such as market variation and in play betting, but odds is certainly where they stand out.
Big events such as The Open is where they thrive, so check out BetVictor to see if they are offering the best odds on the market for your betting picks.
William Hill Golf Betting
If you want to combine your betting picks with promotions then for golf, William Hill stand out. They have various offers including epic odds boosts, special bets and more to keep you interested.
This is a bookmaker that is known for offering their existing customers a strong deal, and with golf that is certainly the case.
The Open Golf Championship Previous Winners
Here’s a look back at some of the recent winners of the Open Championship.
|Royal St George’s
British Open FAQs
Where is the British Open 2023?
The 2023 Open Championship will take place at Royal Liverpool.
Is the golf Open on TV UK?
Yes, you can watch live coverage of the action on Sky Sports while highlights are available each day on BBC.
what is the prize money for the British open golf?
The total purse for the Open Championship is $20,000,000 while the winner will receive $3,600,000.