2021 Players Championship Darts Overview
|Tournament Name||2021 Players Championship Darts|
|When||Friday, 26 October – Sunday, 28 November 2021|
|Live Streaming||Live on ITV4|
|2020 Winner||Michael van Gerwen|
|2021 Ante Post Favourite||Gerwyn Price|
A season’s worth of Players Championship events concludes this weekend, as the best performing 64 players ascend onto Butlins Minehead for the last chance of glory before the World Championships.
Michael van Gerwen is the reigning champion at the Players having scooped the title in 2020, however, “Mighty Mike” hasn’t won a TV major since lifting this title 12 months ago.
Instead, Gerwyn Price and Jonny Clayton of Wales have been sharing out a majority of the prizes this season as they look to continue their dominance in Minehead.
Peter Wright, Michael Smith, Rob Cross and Dimitri van den Bergh will also have high hopes this weekend after solid 2021s and are seeded high for the event at Butlins.
There have only ever been six champions of the Players Championship – will a new name be added to this list at the 13th edition?
Keep it all things freebets.com this weekend as we offer up betting offers, betting news and free bets for the 2021 Players Championship Darts.
How To Get Free Bets For The 2021 Players Championship Darts
Check out all the best Free Bet offers for the 2021 Players Championship Darts below.
2021 Players Championship Darts – Competition Format
The Players Championship will be played over six rounds using a best-of-leg format.
The winner will take home a cheque for £100,000 – a fifth share of the £500,000 pot.
1st Round: Best of 11 legs
2nd Round: Best of 11 legs
3rd Round: Best of 19 legs
Quarter-finals: Best of 19 legs
Semi-finals: Best of 21 legs
Final: Best of 21 legs
Who Are The Favourites For The 2021 Players Championship Darts?
- Gerwyn Price – The “Iceman” is fresh off of winning his third Grand Slam of Darts title in four years and the world number one looks pretty unplayable on his day. Price finished runner-up here in 2019 and will be keen to add this title to his growing collection in darts.
- Michael van Gerwen – MVG has won half of all the Players Championships that have been played, scooping six of the eight contested since 2013. He’s without a TV major in 2021 and will be fancied to put that right in Butlins.
- Peter Wright – “Snakebite” has pretty much done it all in darts, but is yet to reach a Players Championship final. The Scot has won the World Cup and the Matchplay this season and if he can settle on a set of darts will be a real contender in Minehead.
- Jonny Clayton – Clayton has won four tournaments this season and has comfortably been the top performer in 2021. He finished runner-up in 2017 when he was half the player he is now.
2021 Players Championship Darts – Top Stats
- Only Michael van Gerwen (6), Phil Taylor (3), Gary Anderson, Kevin Painter, Paul Nicholson and Daryl Gurney have won the Players Championship.
- Mervyn King has the most Players Championship appearances, playing in all 13.
- Michael van Gerwen has reached the most finals (7)
- There have been two nine-dart finishes at the Players Championship – Alan Norris in 2016 and Michael van Gerwen in 2019.
- Phil Taylor has the highest Players Championship average in a match of 111.58 in 2013.
- Gary Anderson owns the highest tournament average – 105.42 in 2018.
2021 Players Championship Darts – What To Bet On
- Outright Winner – Who will win the 2021 Players Championship Darts? There will be some tasty prices available in this 64-player field.
- 9 Dart Finish – Will there be a ‘perfect’ 9-dart finish in the tournament or in a particular match? You’ll get pretty tasty odds in both of these markets.
- First Time Winner – Will there be a new set of hands clasping the Players Championship Darts trophy this season? There have only ever been six winners after all…
- Most 180s in the Tournament – Which player will record the most maximums at the 2021 Players Championship Darts?
- Match winner – Who will win a specific match at the Players Championship?
- Total legs – Will there be over or under a certain number of legs in a match?
2021 Players Championship Darts – FAQ’s
*Please note that all odds are correct at the time of article publication and are subject to change.