Super Sunday returns after the international break, and we have two fixtures that should bring plenty of spice.
For the 2pm slot, we have the Manchester derby between Manchester City and Manchester United, where we get to witness Erling Haaland’s first Manchester derby.
Following that, we have Leeds United, who host Aston Villa at Elland Road, a fixture that tends to provide us with big talking points and drama.
Manchester City v Manchester United Bet Builder @ 13/2
- Manchester City to win
- Over 3.5 match cards
- De Bruyne to assist a goal
- Both teams to score
The title holders will be looking to get one over their in-form rivals on Sunday in front of the home support. Guardiola’s side are supposedly in a one-horse race for the title, with the bookmakers pricing them at 1/4 to lift the Premier League trophy.
I am backing Pep’s side to get the points against Ten Hag’s men and the game to be filled with goals and cards. Kevin De Bruyne has provided the most assists in the Premier League this season, with six assists from six starts. I am backing him to add to that tally, with Erling Haaland leading the line. I would have liked to have added Haaland to score, but the odds are quite short, so couldn’t justify adding him as a selection.
Eric Ten Hag has managed to get a tune out of his squad in recent Premier League showings after a horrible start to the season. The Red Devil’s boss was awarded the September Premier League Manager of the Month award, with Marcus Rashford picking up Player of the Month.
I see weaknesses in Manchester City’s backline that United can exploit if they throw caution to the wind - however, I do feel that ultimately the Citizen’s forward line will prove too much for United to handle.
- Eric Ten Hag and Marcus Rashford were voted Premier League Manager and Player of the month for September, respectively.
- Manchester City have scored at least three goals in their last seven home Premier League games.
- Manchester United have won their last four Premier League matches.
- In all of Manchester City’s last 10 home games in the Premier League, over 2.5 match goals have been scored.
- Manchester City have won their last seven home games in the Premier League.
Leeds v Aston Villa Bet Builder @ 4/1
- Over 2.5 match goals
- Over 5.5 home corners
- Over 1.5 home cards
The late Sunday game is a clash between Jesse Marsch’s Leeds United and Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa. In recent times Villa have had the beating of the host side, winning their last two encounters and being unbeaten in their last four clashes with the Yorkshire side. Leeds have taken seven points from their opening three Premier League games this season, with wins coming against Chelsea and Wolves.
As for the visitors, they enter the game off the back of four away defeats in the league. Steven Gerrard is under increasing pressure, having spent plenty of money and not yet delivering results to match the fees paid. Since taking over, Gerrard has taken 40 points from his opening 34 games, form which leaves his side at risk of relegation.
Jesse Marsch has done a sterling job since taking over as Leeds manager, picking up a dishevelled side at the back end of Bielsa’s reign. Since guiding his team away from relegation, the new manager has had to overcome the sales of Raphinha and Phillips, two key players at Elland Road. Some shrewd recruitment in the summer has seen Leeds add strength in depth whilst creating a more balanced approach overall.
- Aston Villa have lost their last four Premier League away games.
- Aston Villa have conceded at least two goals in all of their last four away league games.
- Aston Villa won both Premier League meetings last season, 0-3 at Elland Road and 1-0 at Villa Park.
- Leeds have averaged 6.67 corners in their three home Premier League games.
- Leeds United have received 13 yellow cards from their opening six games.
* Betting odds correct at the time of publication. All odds are subject to changes.