In a tournament that has opened up considerably, the winner of Belgium vs Italy will feel they have a great chance to go all the way and win Euro 2020.
After three wins from three group stage matches both teams were made to work very hard in the round of 16 and we’re expecting another tight match on Friday night.
Belgium vs Italy Match Stats
Belgium vs Italy Odds Comparison:
[wcms_sportradar widget=”odds_comparison_match” match_id=”21516115″ header=”” display_trends=”false” display_offers=”false” display_deeplinking=”true”]
Belgium Stats and Facts
- Belgium are the only team left in Euro 2020 who have won all four of their matches inside 90 minutes
- Belgium matches average two goals per game compared to a tournament average of 2.8 goals per game
- The Euro 2016 quarter-final against Wales is the only European Championships match Belgium have failed to win in their last eight
- Belgium have failed to beat Italy in any of their four previous meetings at major international tournaments
Italy Stats and Facts
- Italy have tremendous experience at this level having reached the quarter-finals of the last four European Championships
- Italy have only conceded more than one goal once in their last 18 European Championships and World Cup matches
- No team has had more attempts on goal than Italy with 87, Belgium are way behind on 38
Belgium Players to Watch Out For
- Romelu Lukaku has shown himself to be more than just a goalscorer with his hold up play and movement vital to the way that Belgium attack
- Youri Tielemans‘ creativity and ability to impact the game from midfield will be all the more important given the fitness doubts around Kevin De Bruyne
Italy Players to Watch Out For
- Marco Verratti has shown all of his class in midfield since belatedly coming into the Italy team and he will have a huge role to play again
- Lorenzo Insigne has played in all four of Italy’s matches so far and his clever movement cutting in from the left will unsettle the Belgium defence
Belgium vs Italy Best Bet
Roberto Martinez knows that his ageing defence needs protection and he’ll hope that the 3-4-2-1 formation he favours with Belgium will keep Italy’s best attacking players at bay.
Patience is not in short supply in the Italian ranks though and they will be happy to keep things tight initially before introducing fresh, talented players from the bench so we like the look of the Draw/Italy half time/full time selection at 9/2 with Paddy Power.
Belgium vs Italy Betting Odds
Belgium and Italy were both among the favourites to win Euro 2020 right from the start so it’s no surprise that the bookies’ odds suggest this is going to be a tight match.
Belgium To Win Odds
Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard are both expected to be absent for this match through injury and that has had an affect on the odds with Belgium priced as the 12/5 underdogs with Virgin Bet.
Belgium vs Italy Draw Odds
Italy needed extra time to make it past Austria and it would not be a major surprise by any stretch of the imagination should this game require more than 90 minutes.
Italy to Win Odds
Italy have steadily shortened up in the outright betting for Euro 2020 and the way they dug deep to beat Austria has seen them open up in the betting at 11/8 with Paddy Power to beat Belgium inside 90 minutes.
How to get Free Bets for Belgium vs Italy
When it comes to bookmakers who reward their customers, Paddy Power are right up there. They have a host of offers and promotions throughout Euro 2020 and into the new football season.
The offers start straight away with Paddy Power as new customers can get their hands on a £20 risk free bet when they open a brand new account.
Key Terms: New customers only. Place a £10 bet on any Sportsbook market, at odds of at least 1.5 (1/2) — and we’ll give you £10 in free bets. Free bets will be awarded upon bet placement. Only deposits made via cards or Apple Pay are eligible. T&Cs apply. Paddy’s Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply.
Euro 2020 Betting Offers
Where can I watch Belgium vs Italy?
This massive quarter-final will be shown live on the BBC and online via the BBC iPlayer.
What happened the last time Italy played Austria?
Italy got the better of Belgium 2-0 in the group stage of Euro 2016.
What are Belgium and Italy’s chances of winning Euro 2020?
Italy have continued to get shorter over the course of Euro 2020 and are behind just England and Spain in the outright betting at 4/1 with Betfair. Belgium’s price has lengthened slightly so many will be snapping up the 7/1 available with bet365*.
Where is the match taking place?
Unlike some of Italy’s matches at Euro 2020, this match is being held on neutral territory at the Allianz Arena in Munich.
*Please note that all odds are correct at the time of article publishing.