Croatia and Spain head to Copenhagen on Monday evening for their last 16 clash at Euro 2020 and both sides are looking to build on slow starts to the tournament.
Croatia ended Scotland’s dream to seal their spot in the knockout stages while Spain choked the life out of Slovakia in their final group match and Luis Enrique will be asking for more of the same as his side take on an ageing Luka Modrić and Co.
Croatia vs Spain Match Stats:
Croatia vs Spain Odds Comparison:
[wcms_sportradar widget=”odds_comparison_match” match_id=”21514493″ header=”” display_trends=”false” display_offers=”false” display_deeplinking=”true”]
Croatia Stats and Facts
- Croatia have averaged 10 attempts on goal in each of their three matches to date
- Ivan Perišić has scored twice for Croatia from seven attempts at goal
- Croatia have only committed 27 fouls so far but have received five yellow cards
Spain Stats and Facts
- Spain top the possession stats at Euro 2020 with 68.7%
- Pablo Sarabia and Gerard Moreno each have two assists in the tournament
- Spain had 209 attacks in their three group matches
Croatia Players to Watch Out For
- Luka Modrić may be getting on in years but he rolled back the clock against Scotland, putting in an excellent display capped by a stunning goal.
- Ivan Perišić has scored twice in the group stages on the back of a title-winning season with Inter Milan and he’ll be hoping to add to his tally of 30 international goals against the Spanish.
Spain Players to Watch Out For
- Pablo Sarabia has chipped in with one goal and two assists so far in the tournament and he will be an attacking threat down the right once more for Spain.
- Aymeric Laporte started against Poland and Slovakia for Spain and impressed on both occasions, helping his country to a clean sheet over the Slovaks as well as getting on the scoresheet.
Croatia vs Spain Best Bet
Spain have employed a high-pressing system at Euro 2020, swarming their opponents and aiming to win the ball back as soon as they lose it.
They face a Croatian side that is lacking youthfulness and pace and Spain look a solid bet at 4/7 with Betfair to suffocate the attacking life out of Croatia and take the win.
Croatia vs Spain Betting Odds
Yes, Croatia reached the World Cup final in 2018 but they are a different side now and could struggle in the attacking third against a young and attack-minded Spanish team. There have been 14 goals scored in the three previous games between these teams so let’s hope for more of the same in Copenhagen.
Croatia To Win Odds
Croatia aren’t a bad team but it will take a monumental effort to contain Spain for the full 90 minutes and that’s reflected in their current odds of 6/1 at William Hill.
Croatia vs Spain Draw Odds
There’s only been one draw in the previous eight matches between this pair but for those expecting a close match up on Monday, the draw is a best price of 11/4 at Betfred.
Spain To Win Odds
Spain had a slow start to the tournament but were impressive against Slovakia in a match they had to win – they will relish taking on a Croatian side that lacks pace and it’s no shock that Spain are the favourites to win at 4/7 with Betfair.
How to get Free Bets for Croatia vs Spain
Grosvenor Sports are offering a ton of Euro 2020 Odds Boosts every day of the tournament and if you’re not already a customer you can get a £20 Free Bet when you join and place a £10 bet – ideal to use as we head into the last 16 matches.
Key Terms: *18+. New customers only. 2x £10 free bets. Min qualifying bet £10 at 1/2. T&Cs apply.
Euro 2020 Betting Offers
Where can I watch Croatia v Spain?
The match will be shown live on ITV and online via the ITV Hub.
What happened the last time Croatia played Spain?
They last met in Nations League action in 2018 and Croatia edged out Spain in a 3-2 thriller in Zagreb.
What are Croatia’s and Spain’s chances of winning Euro 2020?
Croatia are currently 75/1 with Betfair to go on and win the tournament while Spain are many people’s fancy and are 8/1 with BetVictor.
Who will the winner of Croatia v Spain play in the next round?
The winner of this match will play either France or Switzerland in the quarter-finals.