European neighbours France and Switzerland go head-to-head in Bucharest on Monday as both sides hunt down a quarter-final spot.
It’s been three years since France lifted the World Cup and they are the current favourites to win Euro 2020 but the Swiss have a strong record over the Les Bleus and will be eyeing up a potential upset.
France vs Switzerland Match Stats:
France vs Switzerland Odds Comparison:
[wcms_sportradar widget=”odds_comparison_match” match_id=”21514495″ header=”” display_trends=”false” display_offers=”false” display_deeplinking=”true”]
France Stats and Facts
- Kylian Mbappé has had eight attempts at goal so far in the tournament but has yet to score
- France have scored in all nine of their previous matches
- N’Golo Kanté has committed eight fouls to date – the 3rd highest in the tournament
Switzerland Stats and Facts
- Steven Zuber has three assists in the tournament already
- Switzerland ranked 3rd in attempts on goal in the group stages, with 47
- Switzerland have managed just one clean in their last six matches – against Liechtenstein of all teams
France Players to Watch Out For
- Karim Benzema scored both French goals in the 2-2 draw against Portugal to take his international tally to 29 and he’ll lead the line against the Swiss once again
- Antoine Griezmann scored France’s equaliser against Hungary and he’s now bagged five goals for his country in his last seven matches
Switzerland Players to Watch Out For
- Xherdan Shaqiri scored two goals and provided one assist in the three groups games and Switzerland will hoping he can continue his fine form against France
- Breel Embolo had 10 attempts at goal in the group stages, bagging the opening goal against Wales showing he’s a player France will need to keep a close eye on
France vs Switzerland Best Bet
As the reigning World Cup holders, France know what it takes to win a tournament and they will be confident of seeing off their Swiss neighbours and sealing a quarter-final spot.
The Swiss have scored in 10 of their last 11 matches though so the value looks to lie in a French victory but both teams scoring which is 31/10 at BetVictor.
France vs Switzerland Betting Odds
Having landed the World Cup & Euros double in 1998 and 2000, the French are once more seeking to win the Euros as World Cup holders and they’re a short price to overcome the Swiss in what’s expected to be an exciting last 16 clash.
France To Win Odds
France showed flashes of what they are capable of in their group performances but they haven’t really got going yet and the knockout stages could be their time – they’re a top price of 1/2 at Betfair to take the win on Monday.
France vs Switzerland Draw Odds
Four of the last five matches between this duo have resulted in a stalemate so the 3/1 at 888sport for the draw is likely to be popular with punters.
Switzerland To Win Odds
The Swiss struggled against Italy in the group and it will be interesting to see what they can offer in the attacking third against a strong French side – they’re the outsiders at 6/1 with Unibet.
How to get Free Bets for France v Switzerland
Betfred have some tasty Euro 2020 offers on the go right now and if you don’t already have an account you can help yourself to £40 in Free Bets when you join up and place a £10 bet – perfect for the knockout stages.
Key Terms: *New 18+ UK customers only. Bets placed and settled within promo period 00:00 30/05/21 – 23:59 11/07/21. Register using the promo code ‘EURO40’, deposit and place first bet of £10 on Football (Evens+) in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement and expire after 7 days. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Full T&Cs Apply.
Euro 2020 Betting Offers
Where can I watch France v Switzerland?
The match will be shown live on ITV and online via the ITV Hub.
What happened the last time France played Switzerland?
These sides last clashed in the group stages of Euro 2016 and that match ended in a 0-0 draw.
What are France’s and Switzerland’s chances of winning Euro 2020?
France are the current favourites to win Euro 2020 and are a top price of 4/1 with Paddy Power, while the Swiss can be backed at 100/1 with bet365.
Who will the winner of this match play in the next round?
The winner of this match will play either Croatia or Spain in the quarter-finals in St Petersburg.