And then there were two…
A nation expects on Sunday, as England take on Italy in the Euro 2020 final at Wembley and the Three Lions are aiming to end 55 years of pain by winning another international tournament.
But standing in their way are Italy, a side that are unbeaten in their last 33 matches and who have been one of the standout teams in the tournament.
Can football finally come home or will the Azzurri shatter England’s dreams?
Italy vs England Odds Comparison:
[wcms_sportradar widget=”odds_comparison_match” match_id=”21514521″ display_trends=”false” display_offers=”false” display_deeplinking=”false”]
Claim 16/1 Italy OR 15/1 England to win the Euro 2020 Final
Italy Stats and Facts
- Italy rank 3rd in the tournament for fouls conceded – 72 so far
- They rank 2nd in goal attempts with 108 to date
- Giovanni Di Lorenzo has committed 11 fouls at Euro 2020, currently the 2nd highest of any player
England Stats and Facts
- England have conceded just one goal in the whole tournament
- Harry Maguire has had four attempts on target in his four games played so far
- Luke Shaw tops the assists list for England with three to date
England vs Italy Enhanced Odds Offers
Italy Players to Watch Out For
- Jorginho calmly slotted home the winning penalty in the semi-final against Spain and the Chelsea player is the beating heart of the Azzurri’s midfield
- Lorenzo Insigne has managed six shots on target from 14 attempts so far at Euro 2020 and scored a stunning goal against Belgium in the quarter-finals
England Players to Watch Out For
- Harry Kane has now scored four goals in England’s three knockout stage games and he’ll once again be the main attacking threat for the Three Lions on Sunday
- Raheem Sterling has also been in superb form in the tournament, scoring three goals in six games at the Euros and taking his tally to 15 in his last 22 games for England
Italy vs England Best Bet
This is one of the toughest games of Euro 2020 to call as both sides are arriving in excellent form and on the back of thrilling semi-final victories.
Something has to give at Wembley on Sunday evening and it could be that this one is destined for extra time and potentially penalties.
That’s not to say there won’t be goals in the regulation 90 though – we’re siding with the match ending in a draw but both teams scoring, which is a top price of 19/5 at BetVictor.
Italy vs England Betting Odds
As the anticipation builds for the final, nerves will grow too, but that doesn’t mean we should expect a dull game as a result and we’re hopeful of an exciting match on Sunday evening.
Italy To Win Odds
Italy will arrive at Wembley as the underdogs but, with their unbeaten 33 games streak in tact, they will undoubtedly have plenty of people backing them to provide a shock at 2/1 with bet365.
Italy vs England Draw Odds
Finals are normally tight affairs and then chuck into the mix that these nations have also drawn the last twice they have met, you can see why the draw is currently only 2/1 at Paddy Power.
England To Win Odds
England have done nothing but impress so far at Euro 2020 and they’re now just one win away from ending 55 years of hurt – they’re a best price of 17/10 at Betfair to win it in the 90.
How to get Free Bets for Italy vs England
Virgin Bet will once again be offering exclusive price boosts on Italy v England and they’re also offering £20 in Free Bets to new customers when you join and place a £10 bet – perfect for Sunday’s big final.
Key Terms: New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from acceptance (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. Click here for Rules & Exclusions. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org
Euro 2020 Betting Offers
Where can I watch Italy v England?
The match will be shown live on both BBC1 and ITV, and online via BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub.
What happened the last time Italy played England?
These sides last met in an international friendly match at Wembley in March 2018 – that game ended 1-1 after a goal from Jamie Vardy and a late Lorenzo Insigne penalty.
Have these sides won the Euros before?
Italy won the European Championship in 1968 but were defeated in the final in both 2000 and 2012.
This is England’s first time in a European Championship final.
Who are the coaches of each side?
Italy are coached by Roberto Mancini who was in charge of Manchester City when they won their first Premier League title in 2012.
England are coached by Gareth Southgate who was capped 57 times by England and famously missed the decisive penalty against Germany in the semi-final shootout at Euro 1996.