Italy and Spain have proved that there is more than one way of getting the job done at international tournaments.
The Azzurri have exuded confidence and a steely belief en route to their Euro 2020 semi-final at Wembley whereas Spain have been wildly unpredictable, veering between dull and entertaining.
This is a semi-final worthy of such an engrossing tournament and will provide a fully deserved winner come on Tuesday night.
Italy vs Spain Odds Comparison:
[wcms_sportradar widget=”odds_comparison_match” match_id=”21514515″ header=”” display_trends=”false” display_offers=”false” display_deeplinking=”true”]
Italy Stats and Facts
- Italy have won three and lost just one of their four previous European Championship semi-finals
- Italy’s strong form started long before Euro 2020 with wins in all 10 of their qualifying matches
- This is Italy’s eighth visit to Wembley Stadium, they have lost just once
- Italy ended Spain’s attempts to win a third straight European Championship in the quarter-finals of Euro 2016
Spain Stats and Facts
- Spain became the first team to score five goals in consecutive games at the European Championships with their wins over Slovakia and Croatia
- Spain are the top scorers in Euro 2020 with nine of their 12 goals coming from inside the area
- This is Spain’s fifth European Championship semi-final, they’ve won all of the last four
- No nation has won the European Championship more often than Spain
Italy Players to Watch Out For
- Lorenzo Insigne has gone from a fringe player to one of Italy’s most important attackers and he is full of confidence after his world-class performance and goal against Belgium
- Gianluigi Donnarumma is an incredible goalkeeper and at 22 is only going to get better; he forms the last line of Italy’s tremendously strong defence
Spain Players to Watch Out For
- Pedri could be the player to finally replace the Iniesta/Xavi shaped hole in the Spain midfield with a game that borrows heavily from those Barcelona legends
- Alvaro Morata may not have quite completed the transformation from villain to hero but his form has improved and the Juventus forward will hope to get the better of his teammates in the Italian defence
Italy vs Spain Best Bet
Italy have been the most impressive of these two teams so far in Euro 2020. Of that there is no doubt.
However, Spain’s unpredictability and the way they’ve managed to do enough when pushed makes them very dangerous opponents.
In a match that could easily go beyond 90 minutes, Italy are a tempting price to take advantage of their bench and win in extra time at 10/1 with 888sport.
Italy vs Spain Betting Odds
There are few bigger, more historic rivalries in European football than Italy vs Spain.
The bookies make Italy the favourites to win but they have by no means written Spain off in a match which will likely be settled by only the finest margins.
Italy To Win Odds
Roberto Mancini and his coaching staff have done a tremendous job with this Italy team. They have everything required to win Euro 2020 and are available at 29/20 with Virgin Bet to win.
Italy vs Spain Draw Odds
We think that there is a real chance this match will go into extra time so the odds on the draw look tempting at 9/4 with 888sport.
Spain to Win Odds
Calling Spain underdogs is a bit of a push with the best odds available on La Roja the 21/10 that Betfair are quoting.
How to get Free Bets for Italy vs Spain
Virgin is a brand known for pushing the limits but you don’t have to go to space to find a cracking free bet offer from Virgin Bet.
New customers to this exciting bookmaker can get their hands on £20 in free bets when placing a qualifying bet of £10.
Key Terms: New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from acceptance (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. Click here for Rules & Exclusions. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org
Euro 2020 Betting Offers
Where can I watch Italy vs Spain?
On the BBC. The Beeb will broadcast the match on BBC 1 and online via the iPlayer.
What happened the last time Italy played Spain?
Spain were comfortable 3-0 winners in a qualifying match for the 2018 World Cup at the Bernabeu.
What are Italy and Spain’s chances of winning Euro 2020?
Italy’s price came in sharply after their impressive 3-0 in over Turkey in their opening match and they are now 9/4 with bet365* to win Euro 2020.
Spain are slightly bigger than their rivals at 3/1 with 888sport.
Where is the match taking place?
The rest of Euro 2020 – both semi-finals and the final – is taking place at Wembley Stadium.
*Please note that all odds are correct at the time of article publishing.