Denmark were the first team in the history of the European Championships to reach the knockout stages of the tournament having lost their first two matches but the quality of their football in the 4-1 win over Russia and the 4-0 win over Wales in the round of 16 suggests they may hang around for a little while yet.
The Danes were excellent in those two matches despite missing players through injury. They are riding a wave of positivity which began when news of Christian Eriksen’s recovery began was released and they have been cut into 12/1 with Betfred to go all the way and win Euro 2020.
Denmark Euro 2020 Matches
|Match Tips & Odds||Date & Time||Stadium||Result|
|Denmark vs Finland||June 12, 17:00||Copenhagen||L – 0-1|
|Denmark vs Belgium||June 17, 17:00||Copenhagen||L – 1-2|
|Denmark vs Russia||June 21, 20:00||Copenhagen||W – 4-1|
|Wales vs Denmark||June 26, 17:00||Amsterdam||W – 4-0|
|Czech Republic vs Denmark||July 3, 17:00||Baku||W – 2-1|
|England vs Denmark||July 7, 20:00||London|
Denmark Euro Betting Odds & Preview
Euro 1992 is Denmark’s only major tournament win to date.
They look to have a tricky draw in Euro 2020 Group B with their opener against Finland sure to have more than local pride at stake.
Belgium are one of the favourites to go all the way whilst Russia tend to play their best football at major events.
However, Åge Hareide’s men have had a slice of luck with the Euro 2020 fixture draw. Denmark will play all three group games at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen and they will be desperate to make home advantage count.
Belgium look set to dominate the group but Denmark will be desperate to finish 2nd and give themselves an easier draw in the last 16.
With only 6 goals conceded from 8 qualification matches, Denmark’s success is built on their solid back line so may could expect a low scoring games from the Danes.
Denmark Euro 2020 Odds
- Euro 1992 saw Denmark upset the betting odds and with a good run at the 2018 World Cup under their belts, they will be confident of springing a major shock. Denmark are now 20/1 with Betfair to win Euro 2020.
Denmark Euro 2020 squad
Åge Hareide has named his Euro 2020 squad and here it is:
- GK: Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City)
- GK: Jonas Lossl (Midtjylland)
- GK: Frederik Ronnow (Schalke)
- DF: Jannik Vestergaard (Southampton)
- DF: Simon Kjær (AC Milan)
- DF: Daniel Wass (Valencia)
- DF: Joakim Mæhle (Atalanta)
- DF: Andreas Christensen (Chelsea)
- DF: Nicolai Boilesen (Copenhagen)
- DF: Joachim Andersen (Fulham)
- DF: Jens Stryger Larsen (Udinese)
- DF: Mathias Jørgensen (Copenhagen)
- MF: Thomas Delaney (Borussia Dortmund)
- MF: Christian Eriksen (Internazionale)
- MF: Mathias Jensen (Brentford)
- MF: Anders Christiansen (Malmö)
- MF: Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (Tottenham Hotspur)
- MF: Mikkel Damsgaard (Sampdoria)
- MF: Christian Norgaard (Brentford)
- MF: Robert Skov (Hoffenheim)
- FW: Martin Braithwaite (Barcelona)
- FW: Jonas Wind (Copenhagen)
- FW: Andreas Cornelius (Parma)
- FW: Yussuf Poulsen (RB Leipzig)
- FW: Andreas Skov Olsen (Bologna)
- FW: Kasper Dolberg (Nice)
* Euro football betting odds correct at the time of writing. All odds are subject to change.