Following another excellent qualification campaign, Russia have qualified for their 5th consecutive European Championships.
Russia Euro 2020 Matches
|Match Tips & Odds||Date & Time||Stadium||Result|
|Russia vs Belgium||June 12, 21:00||St Petersburg||L 0-3|
|Finland vs Russia||June 16, 14:00||St Petersburg||W 0-1|
|Denmark vs Russia||June 21, 20:00||Copenhagen||L 4-1|
Russia failed to make it out of Group B. Despite winning against Finland, two other defeats meant they finished bottom of the group.
Russia finished 2nd in Euro 2020 Qualifying Group I, behind Belgium. With 8 wins from 10 games, they finished well clear of the likes of Scotland and Cyprus below them.
Two heavy defeats to Belgium were the only blotches on their copybook as they continued their impressive form from the 2018 World Cup.
They won the inaugural European Championships in 1960 and they will be desperate for a repeat performance this time around.
Russia Euro Betting Odds & Preview
Euro 1960 is Russia’s only major tournament win to date.
With two of their three group games taking place in St Petersburg, they will be eager to make the most of home advantage at Euro 2021.
At the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Russia progressed to the knockout stages and they were odds on at 1/2 to progress in any capacity from Euro 2020 Group B.
Russia Euro 2020 Odds
- It has been 60 years since Russia last won a major trophy, with their run to the Euro 2008 semi-finals the closest they have come in recent times. They enjoyed an excellent run at the 2018 World Cup, and they have plenty of good players in their ranks.
- Artem Dzyuba bagged 9 goals during Euro 2020 qualifying and he averages better than a goal every 2 games for Russia. He has a habit of scoring on the big occasion too, with 3 goals at the 2018 World Cup to his name.
Russia Euro 2020 Squad
Stanislav Cherchesov has named his Euro 2020 squad and here it is:
- GK: Andrey Lunyov (Zenit Saint Petersburg)
- GK: Anton Shunin (Dynamo Moscow)
- GK: Yury Dyupin (Rubin Kazan)
- GK: Matvei Safonov (Krasnodar),
- DF: Yuri Zhirkov (Zenit Saint Petersburg)
- DF: Fyodor Kudryashov (Antalyaspor)
- DF: Georgi Dzhikiya (Spartak Moscow)
- DF: Igor Diveev (CSKA Moscow)
- DF: Roman Yevgenyev (Dinamo Moscow)
- DF: Vyacheslav Karavayev (Zenit Saint Petersburg)
- DF: Ilya Samoshnikov (Rubin Kazan)
- DF: Andrei Semenov (Akhmat)
- MF: Dmitri Barinov (Lokomotiv Moscow)
- MF: Arsen Zakharyan (Dinamo Moscow)
- MF: Roman Zobnin (Spartak Moscow)
- MF: Denis Makarov (Rubin)
- MF: Denis Cheryshev (Valencia)
- MF: Aleksandr Golovin (Monaco)
- MF: Aleksei Ionov (Krasnodar)
- MF: Daler Kuzyayev (Zenit Saint Petersburg)
- MF: Aleksei Miranchuk (Atalanta)
- MF: Magomed Ozdoev (Zenit)
- MF: Andrei Mostovoy (Zenit Saint Petersburg)
- MF: Daniil Fomin (Dynamo Moscow)
- MF: Rifat Zhemaletdinov (Lokomotiv Moscow)
- MF: Maksim Mukhin (Lokomotiv Moscow)
- FW: Artem Dzyuba (Zenit Saint Petersburg)
- FW: Anton Zabolotny (Sochi)
- FW: Aleksandr Sobolev (Spartak Moscow)
* Euro football betting odds correct at the time of writing. All odds are subject to change.