Spain Euro 2020 Matches
|Match Tips & Odds||Date & Time||Stadium||Result|
|Spain vs Sweden||June 14, 20:00||Seville||D 0-0|
|Spain vs Poland||June 19, 20:00||Seville||D 1-1|
|Slovakia vs Spain||June 23, 17:00||Seville||W 5-0|
|Croatia vs Spain||June 28, 17:00||Copenhagen||W 5-3 (AET)|
|Switzerland vs Spain||July 2, 17:00||St Petersburg||W 1 (1) – 1 (3)|
|Italy vs Spain||July 6, 20:00||London||–|
It’s fair to say that this current Spain team doesn’t hold a candle to the all-conquering team who two European Championships and a World Cup between 2008 and 2012.
However, Luis Enrique has some wonderful talent available to him and after they finally got it right against Slovakia with a 5-0 win La Roja have ridden a wave of momentum to the semi-finals. They even won a penalty shootout!
Can Spain continue to find a way and win Euro 2020 at 11/4 with Betfred?
Spain Betting Odds and Preview
Despite a tumultuous World Cup campaign and Luis Enrique’s off-field issues, Spain made light work of qualifying for Euro 2020.
All three of their Euro 2020 group fixtures will be played at home, giving La Roja a significant advantage.
Sweden pushed Spain hard all the way during qualifying and should pose a tough opening fixture. Before they take on Poland and the play-off winning team.
Group E looks a favourable one for Spain with three home games coupled with comfortable looking fixtures. They are the top seeds in the pool, and they will be looking to progress as the group winners. Spain are 4/11 with Betfair to win Euro 2020 Group E*.
Euro 2012 was Spain’s last major tournament win and they look to be a side very much in transition currently. They will be desperate to get beyond the last 16 at Euro 2020 and they are 8/1 with Betfred to go all the way and win Euro 2020*.
With 31 goals scored in 10 qualifying matches, Spain tended to play most of their games on the front foot. The blueprints from Barcelona and Real Madrid tend to descend on the national team, making them an attacking force. Spain are 17/2 with Ladbrokes to score the most goals at Euro 2020*.
Spain Euro 2020 Outrights
- It has been 8 years since Spain last won a major trophy and recent performances would suggest they are struggling to return to Europe’s top table currently. They possess plenty of fire power in their ranks however and they are a side all teams will be desperate to avoid. Spain are 8/1 with Betfred to win Euro 2020.
- Atletico Madrid striker Alvaro Morata is proven at international level and he will be leading the line for Spain. The level of service he gets will be integral to his success, and he is the perfect foil for some of Spain’s more creative outlets. Alvaro Morata is 20/1 with Paddy Power to win the Golden Boot at Euro 2020*.
Spain Euro 2020 squad
Luis Enrique has named his Euro 2020 squad and here it is:
- GK: David de Gea (Manchester United)
- GK: Unai Simon (Athletic Bilbao)
- GK: Robert Sánchez (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- DF: Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City)
- DF: Jordi Alba (Barcelona)
- DF: Jose Gaya (Valencia)
- DF: Pau Torres (Villarreal)
- DF: Diego Llorente (Leeds United)
- DF: Eric García (Manchester City)
- DF: Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
- MF: Sergio Busquet (Barcelona)
- MF: Koke (Atletico Madrid)
- MF: Marcos Llorenta (Atletico Madrid)
- MF: Thiago (Liverpool)
- MF: Rodri (Manchester City)
- MF: Fabian (Napoli)
- MF: Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid)
- FW: Alvaro Morata (Juventus)
- FW: Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad)
- FW: Gerard Moreno (Villareal)
- FW: Dani Olmo (RB Leipzig)
- FW: Pedri (Barcelona)
- FW: Ferran Torres (Manchester City)
- FW: Adama Traore (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- FW: Pablo Sarabia (Paris Saint-Germain)
*Please note all odds are correct at the time of writing and are subject to change.