Sweden were given a tough draw in Group E alongside Spain, Poland and Slovakia but were excellent throughout and went through as group winners.
Sweden Euro 2020 Matches
|Match Tips & Odds||Date & Time||Stadium||Result|
|Spain vs Sweden||June 14, 20:00||Seville||D 0-0|
|Sweden vs Slovakia||June 18, 14:00||St Petersburg||W 1-0|
|Sweden vs Poland||June 23, 17:00||St Petersburg||W 3-2|
|Sweden vs Ukraine||June 29, 20:00||Glasgow|
The Blue and Yellow prevailed from Euro 2020 qualifying group F, which also included the likes of Spain, Norway, and Romania.
They then came through another challenging group, showing real improvement to draw with Spain having lost to them in qualifying.
After failing to make it out of the group stages in their last three appearances at the European Championships, Sweden will now feel they have a very good chance of making it at least to the quarter-finals as they are the 11/8 favourites with 888sport to beat Ukraine in the Round of 16.
Sweden Euro Betting Odds & Preview
Having come through a particularly congested Euro 2020 qualifying group, confidence will be high in the Swedish camp heading into Euro 2020.
In addition to their qualification campaign, Sweden have been promoted to the UEFA Nations League A, testament to their current good form.
Sweden will be sick of the sight of Spain having had to battle their way through qualifying with them and now having to play them in their opening game.
Following their tie with Spain, Sweden look to have easier games against Poland and Slovakia. Both of those fixtures will be integral to their chances of reaching the last 16.
Group E could prove to be a real test for Sweden. They will be targeting progress though and they look well set at 4/7 with Coral to progress from Euro 2020 Group E in any capacity.
Spain are the clear favourites to win the group but Sweden will be hoping to finish 2nd in Group E, in an attempt to get an easier knockout round draw.
Having failed to progress beyond the group stages since Euro 2008, getting out of the group would represent real progress. Sweden are 5/2 with Ladbrokes to be eliminated at the last 16 stage of Euro 2020.
Sweden Euro 2020 Odds
- A run to the semi-finals as hosts back in 1992 is as close as Sweden have come to European Championship glory. They performed well at the 2018 World Cup however and shouldn’t be completely discarded at Euro 2020. Sweden are 80/1 with BetVictor to win Euro 2020.
- Mainz striker Robin Quaison bagged plenty of crucial goals for Sweden during their qualification campaign, ending up with 5 in 10 games. He will be the outlet Sweden are looking to use as much as possible. Robin Quaison is 80/1 with Betfair to win the Golden Boot at Euro 2020.
Sweden Euro 2020 Squad
Janne Andersson has named his Euro 2020 squad and here it is:
- GK: Robin Olsen (Everton)
- GK: Karl-Johan Johnsson (Copenhagen)
- GK: Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Genclerbirligi)
- DF: Mikael Lustig (AIK)
- DF: Ludwig Augustinsson (Werder Bremen)
- DF: Victor Lindelof (Manchester United)
- DF: Marcus Danielson (Dalian Yifang)
- DF: Martin Olsson (Häcken)
- DF: Pontus Jansson (Brentford)
- DF: Filip Helander (Rangers)
- DF: Emil Krafth (Newcastle United)
- DF: Andreas Granqvist (Helsingborgs IF)
- MF: Sebastian Larsson (AIK)
- MF: Albin Ekdal (Sampdoria)
- MF: Emil Forsberg (RB Leipzig)
- MF: Ken Sema (Watford)
- MF: Viktor Claesson (Krasnodar)
- MF: Jens Cajuste (Midtjylland)
- MF: Mattias Svanberg (Bologna)
- MF: Kristoffer Olsson (Krasnodar)
- MF: Dejan Kulusevski (Juventus)
- MF: Gustav Svensson (Guangzhou)
- FW: Jordan Larsson (Spartak Moscow)
- FW: Alexander Isak (Real Sociedad)
- FW: Robin Quaison (Mainz)
- FW: Marcus Berg (Krasnodar)
* Euro football betting odds correct at the time of writing. All odds are subject to change.