Euro 2016 semi-finalists Wales will be looking to replicate their heroics at Euro 2020. They dug deep to qualify automatically following a poor start to the qualification process.
Wales’ Euro 2020 hopes were dashed in pretty stunning style by Denmark in the round of 16.
Robert Page spoke of his pride at the efforts of his team and said that they did not deserve this ending but they were second best for the vast majority of the match in Amsterdam and Denmark were full value for their 4-0 win.
Wales Euro 2020 Matches
|Match||Date & Time||Stadium||Result|
|Wales vs Switzerland||June 12, 14:00||Baku||D – 1-1|
|Turkey vs Wales||June 16, 17:00||Baku||W – 0-2|
|Italy vs Wales||June 20, 17:00||Rome||L – 1-0|
|Wales vs Denmark||June 26, 17:00||Amsterdam||–|
Wales Betting Odds and Preview
Wales find themselves in Euro 2020 Group A. Their games against Switzerland and Turkey look crucial to their qualification chances. Meanwhile, their final group game against Italy in Rome looks to be their biggest test.
Wales have managed to keep the majority of their Euro 2016 squad together. Chris Coleman’s side reached the last 4 and Ryan Giggs (providing he is in charge) will be keen to replicate that again.
With plenty of attacking threats, Wales will be looking to catch sides by surprise on the counterattack. They scored 10 goals during Euro 2016 and have scored some similarly impressive goals in recent months.
- Wales will only be participating in their 3rd ever major tournament at Euro 2020. The Dragons enjoyed an incredible run at Euro 2016, but they aren’t being heavily backed to go even better at this time around. Wales are 90/1 with 888sport to win Euro 2020*.
- Gareth Bale is Wales’ superstar and has been integral to their rise up the world rankings. Bale scored 3 goals at Euro 2016 and his habit of scoring on the biggest stage makes him a genuine golden boot candidate. Gareth Bale is 66/1 with BetVictor to win the Golden Boot at Euro 2020*.
Wales Euro 2020 Squad
The final Euro 2020 Wales squad has been announced and here it is:
- GK: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace)
- GK: Daniel Ward (Leicester City)
- GK: Adam Davies (Stoke City)
- DF: Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur)
- DF: Joe Rodon (Tottenham Hotspur)
- DF: Chris Mepham (Bournemouth)
- DF: Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic)
- DF: Rhys Norrington-Davies (Sheffield United)
- DF: Neco Williams (Liverpool)
- DF: Connor Roberts (Swansea City)
- DF: Ben Cabango (Swansea City)
- DF: Tom Lockyer (Luton Town)
- MF: Joe Allen (Stoke City)
- MF: Joe Morrell (Luton Town)
- MF: Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea)
- MF: Matthew Smith (Manchester City)
- MF: Jonathan Williams (Cardiff City)
- MF: Aaron Ramsey (Juventus)
- MF: Harry Wilson (Liverpool)
- MF: David Brooks (Bournemouth)
- MF: Dylan Levitt (Manchester United)
- MF: Rubin Colwill (Cardiff City)
- FW: Tyler Roberts (Leeds United)
- FW: Kieffer Moore (Cardiff City)
- FW: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
- FW: Daniel James (Manchester United)
* Euro football betting odds correct at the time of writing. All odds are subject to change.
Wales Team Betting Tips
From big international events to English leagues, European competitions and much more, if you need a guide through the upcoming football games then make sure you check out our football betting tips where our experts will detail what picks stand out.